Honda Grom banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
18lbs? Is that due to the way slicks are designed, or do you run DOT tires that low too? I was pleased and certainly getting some heat in the tire at 29psi front and rear, but I plan on going down in the front for next time.

BJS, what pressure were you running? Have you tried them again at a different pressure?

·
Registered
303 Posts
18lbs? Is that due to the way slicks are designed, or do you run DOT tires that low too? I was pleased and certainly getting some heat in the tire at 29psi front and rear, but I plan on going down in the front for next time.

BJS, what pressure were you running? Have you tried them again at a different pressure?
Ive tried all types of pressures. Lower and higher than what I'm running. Ive found the 18.5/17.5 psi warm works out the best for me.

on my power pures i ran like 20lbs front and rear. Those tires blow on the track anyways. If you hang of like a monkey and use as little lean angle as possible than yeah your good. Once you really start leaning on that tire it will give.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Where are people buying their PMTs? And what size do you get. I see drow motorsports have them, but the size didn't seem correct.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
464 Posts
TT93's......for the WIN and availble in the US
Yes, those are the best, but in europe some race regulations exclude tyres that are not oem size... So if you want to race in those races, you have to keep 120 and 130 size... Then the contis are the best available.

Enviat des del meu LG-V500 usant Tapatalk

·
Registered
755 Posts
It is:
Continental conti twist race...

Agreed, great tires at a very low price, at least here in France.
The front is fine but the rear will wear out fast if used on the road, I think I got about 1000 miles before it looked like a slick.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yes, those are the best, but in europe some race regulations exclude tyres that are not oem size... So if you want to race in those races, you have to keep 120 and 130 size... Then the contis are the best available.

You can buy Dunlop TT93 on Webike in the 120/130 sizes.

·
Vendor
123 Posts
Where are people buying their PMTs? And what size do you get. I see drow motorsports have them, but the size didn't seem correct.

Thanks,
Mike
What size are you looking for? for the groms we have always ran 100 fronts and 120 rears no issues,
now pmt developed the 130/75-12 specifically for the grom rear and still run the 100 front

21 - 40 of 59 Posts