Honda Grom banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
The extra mile?!?! How?? DH Motoring canceled my order, that’s not going the extra mile to make it right. He chose to give me a qualified apology on an open forum. I called him on it. He canceled. Seems immature for a business owner.
And you seem even more immature for a customer.

You're going on and on about what's wrong with society? What's wrong with society is everybody today thinking the whole world revolves around them, and as soon as something happens to suggest that it doesn't, they throw little tantrums like this and make sure everybody knows how their entire lives were turned upside down by something that in reality is nothing.

Hey, do what you gotta do. Stay mad if it makes you feel better.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I don't really care much to comment any further in this thread, but for the record I am not a spiteful person and would never sabotage anyone's ECU.
I don't think a single person on this thread believes you did any wrong so I wouldn't sweat it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't think a single person on this thread believes you did any wrong so I wouldn't sweat it!
While I agree, it's best said to set the record straight. 6 months from now when this thread has died, someone will want to flash their ECU and do a google search. This thread will pop up with someone insinuating that the vendor may sabotage your ECU if you act like and entitled douche nozzle. activ3 clarified that he wouldn't do such a thing comforting this potential customer 6 months from now.

·
Registered
883 Posts
While I agree, it's best said to set the record straight. 6 months from now when this thread has died, someone will want to flash their ECU and do a google search. This thread will pop up with someone insinuating that the vendor may sabotage your ECU if you act like and entitled douche nozzle. activ3 clarified that he wouldn't do such a thing comforting this potential customer 6 months from now.
There has been so much positive feeback on DHM reflashes I really doubt this situation would matter. I enjoy reading Amazon reviews and no matter how great a product is there are always some negative comments. This proves that it is impossible to please everyone all of the time, so you simply weigh the positives against the negatives and decide for yourself. :)

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
First was Finbro Thailand, then Finbro USA, then other small Grom start up companies.

So in the Grom Monkey world shit happens, this is not a drive thru MacDonald's operation.

If humans will chill out sometimes the world would be a better place.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I wouldn't want to have you as a customer either.

I have spent enough money with DHM, he's a stand up guy. Even had a issue with a 186 kit and he took care of it right away!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Let’s recap, I paid for 1-day turnaround. This is highly touted by the vendor. I need the Monkey for transportation. I live on a 5 mile-long island. My job is in a commercial fishing area. The Monkey “hides” between 2 buildings by the a/c units. I can’t take my wife’s suv or my vtx 1300 because it is filthy down there and space is at a premium. He received the ecu Tuesday midday and called me Saturday night. Yes, I am entitled to get what I pay for. Every time.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sure, I’ll recap with you. You disabled your only means of transportation on a bet against the real world, and lost. Blame your hardships on poor planning. You should have bought a spare ecu to keep you going until you could send it back for credit if it was so important. I’m becoming impressed that this concept somehow escapes a full grown adult.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Let’s recap, I paid for 1-day turnaround. This is highly touted by the vendor. I need the Monkey for transportation. I live on a 5 mile-long island. My job is in a commercial fishing area. The Monkey “hides” between 2 buildings by the a/c units. I can’t take my wife’s suv or my vtx 1300 because it is filthy down there and space is at a premium. He received the ecu Tuesday midday and called me Saturday night. Yes, I am entitled to get what I pay for. Every time.
Let's recap, you are a spoiled, entitled, narcissistic dickhead. You made up some crazy shit about David, you claimed he was a scam artist, you used your job titles and your former military rank to display why you think you're so much more special than the rest of us. Then you proceeded to whine, cry, and bitch like the dick eater you truly are. My god, the world should just revolve around you.

And as stated above, you put yourself in this situation! You disabled your own bike! But NOOOOO..... why would YOU take any responsibility for that??? Especially when you're so special and successful that you can buy 7237828273791872 other ECUs to send out!!!

Learn how to be a real fucking man. Stop crying about it. And I guarantee you would never act like this if we were all in a room together. Matter of fact, I would pay to see you pull this shit at something like the crawl. You would never tell David or anyone else to their face their a scam artist. You would either get laughed out of the room or the taste slapped out of your mouth.

You talk about all your successes and accomplishments... your stupid old ass STILL hasn't learned how to be HUMBLE.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
508 Posts
Somebody else mentioned in this thread that sometimes customers aren't worth keeping, and you're one of them, Honda monkey. It's pretty clear why he didn't want to deal with you and I don't blame him one single bit.

David has a great relationship with this community and many people know he's a one man show. I've personally dealt with him on numerous occasions and he's NEVER led me to believe he's less than trustworthy, nor anyone else I've sent to him. I will never hesitate to send more folks his direction because I know without a shadow of a doubt he will take care of them. Great guy to deal with and a great friend I've had the pleasure of personally racing with.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Same thing happened to Finbro and other companies for Grom and Monkey MC, people's or custormer demands exceed the ability to provide sometimes in a timely manner.

If you are worried about upgrading your grom or monkey MC, first make a list of stuff you are going to upgrade and order it before doing any tear down of your MC.

better yet keep your Grom Monkey bike stock and ride it like you stole it

Ride safe all

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow! Like a previous poster said. I think you must be quite young. Another poster said, like it or not the world does not revolve around you.
The fellow that took in your ECU clearly stated he had trouble connecting to the unit. sometimes that takes time to resolve. I have had it happen in the marine industry as well and is not easy to rectify in some cases. You could have contacted him on Wednesday.......and did not. Your choice.
Also, you should have made alternate plans just in case you did not have the unit back in time. Sending out an ECU on your primary form of transportation and expecting it back almost immediately is a second clue you may be on the young side. Use this as a learning experience, put your big boy pants on, and get on with life!

41 - 59 of 59 Posts