Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent them my ecu. It arrived. I haven’t heard from them. I sent an e-mail to them, sent David a PM on here, and a FB PM. Still nothing. They took my $170 almost instantaneously. What the fudge?!?!

·
Registered
190 Posts
What's the timeline?

He's reputable, give it some more time. People are busy. I think many of us, myself included, have very high expectations when comparing against likes of Amazon etc where logistics are pretty impressive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Per the website:

The price for the stage 1 reflash is $105 which includes return shipping to you in the United States. You will need to send us your ECU and we will flash it and get it back in the mail by the following business day (1-day turnaround time).

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Per the website:

The price for the stage 1 reflash is $105 which includes return shipping to you in the United States. You will need to send us your ECU and we will flash it and get it back in the mail by the following business day (1-day turnaround time).
This is what was promised. I sent it overnight, they got it Tuesday. I got a reply Saturday night. I am certain David will offer me a discount for the poor customer service. The 1 day turnaround promise appears to be a lie. I hope he remembers to put the cam in the box. Btw, I am 100 miles from him and he still couldn’t do it on time. Sorry, crappy service is what I got from DH Motoring. He said he will mail it out Monday. 6 day turnaround time?!?!?!

·
Registered
319 Posts
When you place an order online, yes our system does charge you immediately. You sent me an email on Friday evening, and a Facebook message on Saturday night which I replied to within a couple hours, I didn't receive any other inquiries from you during normal business hours the week before. I am honestly sorry it took so long, but I did have an issue connecting to your Monkey ECU and should have let you know what was going on earlier. That issue was resolved and the ECU has been tuned and is leaving today via USPS. That said, me being 100 miles away doesn't change how fast I can get to everything, there is no priority assigned to people based on how close they are.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you place an order online, yes our system does charge you immediately. You sent me an email on Friday evening, and a Facebook message on Saturday night which I replied to within a couple hours, I didn't receive any other inquiries from you during normal business hours the week before. I am honestly sorry it took so long, but I did have an issue connecting to your Monkey ECU and should have let you know what was going on earlier. That issue was resolved and the ECU has been tuned and is leaving today via USPS. That said, me being 100 miles away doesn't change how fast I can get to everything, there is no priority assigned to people based on how close they are.
It was received last Tuesday. Today is Monday. Why didn’t I get the 1-day turnaround? That was my question. Yes, you should have let me know I wasn’t going to get what I paid for. 1-day turnaround is featured in your advertising, not 6-day. I gave you 3-4 days after you received it before contacting you. Seems like a reasonable approach when I’m promised 1-day turnaround. That’s why I waited to contact you.

I didn’t know I would be held accountable for giving you the benefit of the doubt. Do you need the forum members to call and verify you are working on their ecu in order to get the 1-day turnaround? That is the message I got. It’s my fault for not contacting you to ensure you were working on my ecu? Your qualified apology seems hollow to me. Crappy customer service followed up with poor customer relations is what I got. I hope the cam and the tune work well. Will the misrepresentation from DH Motoring continue?

·
Registered
319 Posts
It was received last Tuesday. Today is Monday. Why didn’t I get the 1-day turnaround? That was my question. Yes, you should have let me know I wasn’t going to get what I paid for. 1-day turnaround is featured in your advertising, not 6-day. I gave you 3-4 days after you received it before contacting you. Seems like a reasonable approach when I’m promised 1-day turnaround. That’s why I waited to contact you.

I didn’t know I would be held accountable for giving you the benefit of the doubt. Do you need the forum members to call and verify you are working on their ecu in order to get the 1-day turnaround? That is the message I got. It’s my fault for not contacting you to ensure you were working on my ecu? Your qualified apology seems hollow to me. Crappy customer service followed up with poor customer relations is what I got. I hope the cam and the tune work well. Will the misrepresentation from DH Motoring continue?
When did I hold you accountable?

DHM is a small business and is not a corporate powerhouse, I started this business to help progress Grom performance and because the community as a whole is usually pretty cool and fun to work with. I think it's best we both go our own ways, as I don't think my product will live up to your expectations. I will flash your ECU back to stock and send it back along with a full refund plus 10% for your inconvenience.

EDIT: I have refunded your card the $170 charged, but it won't let me refund an amount greater than the purchase price. If you PM me your Paypal information I will send you an additional $25 to cover your shipping fees to me as well as your inconvenience.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

When did I hold you accountable?

DHM is a small business and is not a corporate powerhouse, I started this business to help progress Grom performance and because the community as a whole is usually pretty cool and fun to work with. I think it's best we both go our own ways, as I don't think my product will live up to your expectations. I will flash your ECU back to stock and send it back along with a full refund plus 10% for your inconvenience.

EDIT: I have refunded your card the $170 charged, but it won't let me refund an amount greater than the purchase price. If you PM me your Paypal information I will send you an additional $25 to cover your shipping fees to me as well as your inconvenience.
Whatever you think is appropriate. Put a $20 in the box for my postage and we’re almost even. Take the 1-day turnaround off your ad if it’s not feasible. You missed a chance to repair a customer relationship.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Whatever you think is appropriate. Put a $20 in the box for my postage and we’re almost even. Take the 1-day turnaround off your ad if it’s not feasible. You missed a chance to repair a customer relationship.
Will do, $20 will go in the box. 99% of the time we meet the 1-2 business day turnaround as advertised, sorry I didn't contact you after I knew it wasn't shipping on the second day. Ride safe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is none of my business whatsoever but would really like to see this get worked out with the upgraded ecu. I used to do small scale watch repair/mods for friends on another forum but it wasn't long before it got out of hand, due to my full time job and life, I no longer do it, DH Motoring is very large scale compared to what I was doing, there's bound to be delays for one reason or another from time to time.

·
Registered
190 Posts
This is none of my business whatsoever but would really like to see this get worked out with the upgraded ecu. I used to do small scale watch repair/mods for friends on another forum but it wasn't long before it got out of hand, due to my full time job and life, I no longer do it, DH Motoring is very large scale compared to what I was doing, there's bound to be delays for one reason or another from time to time.
I'd say Honda monkey quite likely burned his bridges here and will need to look for a piggy back solution instead...

FYI, only cost me US$5 to send my ECU to CJR and that was way more than 100 miles away.

If I was that close to DHM and in a massive rush, I probably would have coordinated dropping off or picking up in person. Always nice to get an opportunity to meet others in the community, particularly those that contribute so much to it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I get that you’re not happy with the service, especially if it meant that you’ve been without your Monkey for over a week. But, like he said, he’s a small operation, and shit happens, and for whatever reason you were not notified that there would be a delay, which is what I think your whole gripe boils down to. I’m not the most patient person in the world, and I understand why you’d initially be a bit miffed, but these guys seem to have gone the extra mile now to try to make it right; staying bitter about it isn’t going to help anything or anyone.

I’ll tell ya what, if I ever find myself in the market for an ECU flash, there’s a really good chance I’ll contact DHMotoring first.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I get that you’re not happy with the service, especially if it meant that you’ve been without your Monkey for over a week. But, like he said, he’s a small operation, and shit happens, and for whatever reason you were not notified that there would be a delay, which is what I think your whole gripe boils down to. I’m not the most patient person in the world, and I understand why you’d initially be a bit miffed, but these guys seem to have gone the extra mile now to try to make it right; staying bitter about it isn’t going to help anything or anyone.

I’ll tell ya what, if I ever find myself in the market for an ECU flash, there’s a really good chance I’ll contact DHMotoring first.
The extra mile?!?! How?? DH Motoring canceled my order, that’s not going the extra mile to make it right. He chose to give me a qualified apology on an open forum. I called him on it. He canceled. Seems immature for a business owner.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Seems immature for a business owner.
It's funny that are calling somebody immature with the way you're acting on this forum. You're throwing a huge fit over a small delay. Things happen.

You are one of those customers that just isn't worth having.

·
Registered
395 Posts
DHM also offering a $20 on top of a refund + $25.... This is the mark of a real stand up guy. You can't win them all, but you won a few more people over with how you handled this situation.

Can't make everyone happy. Especially those who are so naturally deserving and entitled of the world by the balls. Sadly this is how most of the youth these days.

I'm surprised this prick didn't respond to you again and say "it better be a crisp $20 from the bank"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
395 Posts
The extra mile?!?! How?? DH Motoring canceled my order, that’s not going the extra mile to make it right. He chose to give me a qualified apology on an open forum. I called him on it. He canceled. Seems immature for a business owner.
Serious question.... how old are you?

You're acting about as mature as my 5 year old niece when she doesn't get her way.

·
Registered
190 Posts
DHM also offering a $20 on top of a refund + $25.... This is the mark of a real stand up guy. You can't win them all, but you won a few more people over with how you handled this situation.

Can't make everyone happy. Especially those who are so naturally deserving and entitled of the world by the balls. Sadly this is how most of the youth these days.

I'm surprised this prick didn't respond to you again and say "it better be a crisp $20 from the bank"

I think it was a $20 instead of PayPal... That's how I understood it

Regardless, OP, who I believe is in his 50s, should settle down and relax.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

If I’m prick, you’re a cunt. Where are the moderators?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts