Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You would be hard pressed to sell me one when I could have a Yamaha FZ07/09.
Totally agree. Love the FZ as well. Seems people are digging the Zed over the FZ overall. Buddy had a Suzuki SFV and hated it then got the FZ-09 as he like it, although there are some things he didn't care for. I'm looking at getting a new bike and he said to check this out, finally coming to the states and seems Kawi stepin it up. Looking at the triple also, just little meh. Style wise.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
rode a new z1000 last year, it was farily mental, total hooligan rocket. that 800 looks interesting for sure.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
218 Posts
The 800cc inline four is an extremely interesting idea who else makes a inline 4 800cc? the bad thing about the z800 is it weight, to heavy.
also for 800cc I would expect 140hp plus but it puts down around 100hp even my yamaha r6 made more then that and it was a 600cc
If kawasaki makes a sport bike that is 800cc and 150-170hp then that would be sweet.

I like to mt-07 aka fz07 It sounds unique being a twin 700cc I think a turbo would be great for the bike, they make one for the mt-09
taking it to 190hp if they made a turbo for the mt-07 it would be my pick lightest, cheapest, unique factor, and upgradable to 130?! plus hp? (if they made a turbo...) as of now no turbo kit for the mt-07 When will anyone make a new street fighter bike thats putting down sport bike hp numbers?
Don't want to spend sport bike money to get nearly 50% of sport bike hp new naked bikes should cost 50% less then sport bikes since they have about 50% less power.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Said 113hp at 10,200rpms and the FZ09 was like 115hp?! I'm not worried about having a turbo or anything. Just another line up for the naked bike scene.

Seems these guys think otherwise of the FZ (mt09)

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
yeah.. so youre saying a speed triple is slow because its naked?

bwahahahaha

I bet the bike goes like stink, but its a standard, not a really a sport bike.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

bwahahahaha

I never said the triple was slow. Love the triple, just not aesthetically pleasing to me. I take these videos with a grain of salt. Just thought it was interesting.

"Everyone has their opinions"

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
@ gremiln.. your post wasn't up when i wrote mine, they must have 'crossed'. it was a reply to the

"Don't want to spend sport bike money to get nearly 50% of sport bike hp new naked bikes should cost 50% less then sport bikes since they have about 50% less power. " comment.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
looks close to a grom ?
Has some similarities to me, so does the Fz-09 and a few others. Same as goes dirt bikes, they look comparably close to me. Are they the same? NO.

Why are people buying groms to make them look like another bike...ie. Ducati, Full race fairing (sportbike)?

And someone could easily say that your extended swing arm is Hideous, just saying

feb2015-hondagrom-winner.jpg

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Has some similarities to me, so does the Fz-09 and a few others. Same as goes dirt bikes, they look comparably close to me. Are they the same? NO.

Why are people buying groms to make them look like another bike...ie. Ducati, Full race fairing (sportbike)?

And someone could easily say that your extended swing arm is Hideous, just saying

View attachment 21811
o so you meant it looks like that modded out grom ok

not a stock grom

218 Posts

bwahahahaha

The speed triple is nice, except the price. Always wanted to ride a triple. But still the HP numbers are far off from a 1000cc sport bike with an inline 4. There are a few naked bikes maybe 2 or 3 that can make nearly sport bike power.

Something lacking in the motorcycle line up is a bike you can buy cheap/ or as a beginner and later modify to have same hp numbers as a 1000cc sport bike
when you eventually get tired of stock power and don't wan't to upgrade bikes. The mt-09 aka fz-09 triple comes close to this since it has a turbo kit out but again the mt-09 price is kinda high to begin with.

The mt-07 is one of the cheapest beginner bikes and cheaper then a new 600cc sport bike if it got matched up with a turbo it could be a nice alternative option for a potential 600cc sport bike buyer looking for something unique/ more power for the money (if turbo kit wasn't to much) Who knows what hp a turbocharged mt-07 would make 130, 140, 150hp?

Although aerodynamics do play a part in top speed a bike without plastic can still be fast with high hp numbers.
After all ghostrider did 250mph + wheelies on an all naked turbo charged 490hp suzuki hayabusa.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
having ridden a 1050 speed triple many times and having a 675 street triple r in the garage right now (my wifes) .. trust me, they are worth the money. its not ALL about HP, its about HP and brakes, suspension, ergonomics, etc.

but for a naked bike at 105hp stock.. and i know a remap alone will push it over 120 pretty easy.

2009 Triumph Street Triple R specifications and pictures

the xsr is very sweet. but 410 lbs? what a porker.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts