Honda Grom banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Roman from RZ racing has been testing new parts from Yuminashi. Last weekend he installed the 25 tooth 4th gear, 31mm intake, SX270 camshaft and the Yuminashi EFI tuner with ignition advance control.

I Thought some of you might be interested. It looks like he got very promising results. He also tells me the sx30 head is in the final stages of testing, but he hasn't received one yet.

This means my parts should be coming within the next few weeks and ill make another thread as a guide for the installation.

Here are links to the most recent youtube videos:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aYSPH0Fzn1A&feature=c4-feed-u

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QlvPrv2eftE&feature=c4-feed-u Enjoy

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The stock valves are pretty small. The head should give a huge improvement once paired up with all these other upgrades. While it is pretty pricy when you add all of it up the prices are still going to be less than the Takegawa, Daytona or Kitaco stuff. So far I'm happy with my light bore kit and injector. Im optimistic about these parts despite some initial problems with my light bore kit. It seems they are taking extra precautions this time before releasing to the market.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm really disappointed with the slow progress Yuminashi is making with these kits. His marketing has been poor as well. He needs to get on the forums and answer questions with knowledgeable answers about his products. Some good examples are Matt from PitsterPro, Vince from t-bolt USA, and Paul from Tyga. In this market of mini bikes word of mouth is priceless and so is customer interaction on communities like these. When a company takes time to interact with their customers it shows the really care how their products are being received. These are the things you need to do to be successful in today's market. With social media and the ease of sharing info on forums a bad review that goes unanswered can really hurt a business. First impressions are really important. When I Installed the yuminashi light bore kit and had problems with the piston skirt hitting the crank it really put a bad impression on yuminashi products. That thread has well over 5K views. Now that Yuminashi fixed these problems with their kits, they are good quality and I would recommend one, but there is no doubt it looked bad. They did take care of me and replaced the kit too. The point is, if a company thinks one dissatisfied customer is not a big deal they better think again. My thread on the install was the first Google search results that popped up when you typed in "Yuminashi150cc light bore kit". This is not the first thing you want to see if you are trying to sell a product.

I paid for the the Yuminashi Sx 30 head and the cam back in June. They are still in development. It really pisses me off that they started advertising and taking orders long before they were even thought the R&D phase. Thanks to Reggy Bodden their CEO. I am just hoping when they get here they are as good as advertised. Don't get me wrong, I was offered a refund, but I don't want my money back, I want my head and cam. I'm guessing they are taking more time to make sure their products are perfect from the factory before shipping this time, which is a good thing, but we haven't heard a Damn thing from Reggy Bodden in weeks. The least they could do is update on the progress.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hey guys,

I've emailed Reggy and he replied me.

I'll try and explain his vision and ideas as good as I can (I'm not a translator so..)

First off, Reggy told me he has build the company not to make loads of money, but to provide good parts for the best possible price.

As a company we have to make a profit, let this be clear, but there is a difference, however, between making a profit and make a profit ...If we want to make much profit, we must produce as cheaply as possible, selling parts at a more expensive price possible, ideally with "Made in Japan" on the package, and ignore any problems or warranty claims.

Another way is to copy existing parts at the same or lower quality and subsequently is then dumped on the market.

The first is what we know for years the known existing Japanese companies, the second thing is what Chinese companies already do a few years.

However, none of these ways of working can me as a person, or in my capacity as CEO my company bring satisfaction
He referred me to the company mission:

Masato Co., Ltd. is dedicated with the Yuminashi Brand to supplying high performance products of the highest quality.
At Yuminashi, we are constantly challinging ourselves to seek out new initiatives and stay at the forefront of innovation with committing pride, passion and craftsmanship to the whole process of creating products of excellence, which fully satisfy our customers' expectations.

Our mission is to serve our customers with resourcefulness, integrity and commitment and to strive constantly to increase the level between performance, reliability and durability against a very well balanced price quotation for worldwide customer satisfaction.
So, long lines of reading made short; He and his company try to push quality and service as high as possible. People will say that he is smooth talking but he says this is the main thing he is trying to succeed.

Second thing he told me is the fact that his company is located 8000 miles from the US. In a perfect world that would not be any problem, but in this world that means that shipping parts new or warranty related takes time.
He said some of the US people ordered in The Netherlands instead of the US dealer Motorsports Nation. With the result that the parts are shipped to The Netherlands first and then to the US. and that is a long way to travel.

For the big bore kits,

He referred to the video that they put online (and mostly the comment under the video)
"Please notice that this footage was not recorded to deliver great images, neither to look good. This is raw footage and only mentioned for the Yuminashi R&D as a tool to work with...
**Please notice that this is not the final product, only a video while developing the 180cc kit for MSX125/GROM.
Top speed, acceleration and throttle response will be improved on the final product...

This particular video was made to check the response from some changes we have made on the camshaft...

This video give you an insight in the testing procedure.
Every kit/set is tested on a similar way on real road conditions for many hours before giving green light to an actual kit for starting production..."
They are working on the big bore kits but there are still sertain points that need to be worked on. Everyone who has ordered an 180 cc kit will receive it but he wants to make sure the customer receives a correct product.

If people who have yuminashi products on their msx/grom already, Reggy is happy to receive feedback to improve parts, he always strives for better parts.
People who have ideas for parts that not yet exist, he is happy to hear from them too and see if the yuminashi company can produce these.

So personally i think we have to give this new market the time to come up with new and awesome parts for our beloved bikes.

Greetings,

Jannes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts