Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not only did it bend but there is a nice hole right by the valve relief and its not from valve contact to the piston... Yuminashi I was backing your product and recommending it but now this happens and I am very disappointed

· Registered
580 Posts
I also think we need more info.
Some thing doesn't ring up....

· Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my build thread will answer all your questions...

yumi light bore kit, cam dual valve springs, boosting 5 psi but it didn't let go under boost we were on a ride yesterday and just cruising and thats when it failed..

· Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no metal material got into the oil i was lucky the piston just separated right where the valve relief cut was made nothing happened to the head or cyl just the piston itself. Now I am going to try and look for another piston from another company maybe go a little larger also? Lets see what happens

· Registered
864 Posts
That's lame. I guess figure something else and get it running. And yeah, it gave out just before the pack really started to get on it on 9. I know it sucks but better there and not on the hills with limited run-off space.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.