Honda Grom banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
your confirmation bias has you so blind you're now quoting people who aren't even me. i should screenshot this before you edit your post and claim i'm wrong again.
Thanks for the correction Quibbly… but you're still wrong regardless. ;)

·
Registered
393 Posts
You're wrong philly. They snap back in positively and dont pull out wthout deliberate force. I use my Grom every day so it needs to be reliable. The ECU worked perfectly from the moment it was plugged in and still is today.
Nothing I said was wrong in that sentence. Not one part of it.

Had you read it properly... IF was the key word. Obviously if they don't come back out, it's fine.

Being that I'm a professional technician and work for an auto dealership as an A level tech, I would prefer to see the right way to do things demonstrated. I'm not trying to throw my weight around, simply trying to inform anyone who cares to read this.

It may be a $3,000 bike new, but that's no reason to cut corners when there is a proper, by the book way to do it. That's all I'm trying to say.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Banned
714 Posts
Me too. I'm a master electrician, so I have a little bit of say in electrical methods and issues

But apparently poor old Tooter can't wrap his head around anything that isn't in line with his own biases. He did it this way, therefore it's right. Whatever he thinks is right, and any evidence to the contrary is invalid in his mind.

He's a lost cause. I wish these forums had a block feature.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here's another example of removing the pins from a connector. Not sure if the pins on the Monkey are of the same type, but I'd wager they're likely similar.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Jewelers flat tip works, but I have a de-pinning tool that I will always use on terminal connectors. It sucks when you break a retaining clip or crush the pin itself. Even worse trying to redo a complete terminal connector, learned that years ago, lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
While the majority of this thread was hijacked the ECU repin is still of interest, so any up dates?

·
Registered
788 Posts

You can find the SF pin numbering diagram in the Honda Grom Service Manual. Remember that the diagram is for the male ecu side and you are moving pins on the female side the ECU connects to. So you need to read the Service Manual diagram in reverse. You'll be able to tell from the colors. While it was a little bit tedious, I just made certain they were plugged into the right locations. Once it was done I simply installed the ECU and rode the bike while the it learned the operating parameters. I haven't touched it since and my Grom runs perfectly... averaging between 145 and 150 mpg.
:)

GOPR0132.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts

You can find the SF pin numbering diagram in the Honda Grom Service Manual. Remember that the diagram is for the male ecu side and you are moving pins on the female side the ECU connects to. So you need to read the Service Manual diagram in reverse. You'll be able to tell from the colors. While it was a little bit tedious, I just made certain they were plugged into the right locations. Once it was done I simply installed the ECU and rode the bike while the it learned the operating parameters. I haven't touched it since and my Grom runs perfectly... averaging between 145 and 150 mpg.
:)

Thanks Toot Toot for the reply, was looking for the Monkey repin update.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts