Honda Grom banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
View attachment 90263

I have a WB controller and gauge connected into the ECU. Pic of ECU attached. I did right click on the gauge in the programme and ensure wideband was selected.

It runs rough as a very rough thing and I cannot get it to idle at all.

The programme and the fuel controller seem to always show AFR around 10.1. So I stuck with just one map and started editing just one area, up to 25% tps and up to around 5k revs, to see what the results would be. I cannot get the AFR anywhere near 14 and it stays in the range of 10-11 even when I zeroed the values in the INJ VE [Tps] tab and even that didn't make that much difference.

The maps I have tried are hobbycaptain's b17 and b20 as well as several from the Yuminashi site:

2016+Dyno+MSX+164CC+IAT+Enabled+Yuminashi .... racing and touring (look identical to me)
map+v8.9+old+style+8.1+map
STOCK+MSC125+MAP+IAT+ENABLED+V8.9

Programme I am using is named STANDALONE TUNER 2015_v8_9. The "about" in the programme says 2014 A.P.I. TECH STANDALONE TUNER v2015

Thanks
There is a table under one of the tabs above the big window to setup the WB parameters (not in front of my laptop rn so I cannot recall which one), starting on the left will be 0V and on the rt will be 5v, then highlight and interpolate to fill in the gaps between. 0v = 9AFR 5v = 19 AFR also interpolate to fill the gaps, then hit enter on the PC to send to the ECU. WB gauge should work after that, took me several tries to get mine working properly but once I did it works great. I have the V9.1 ECU on mine (heavily modded HC 125cc, no BBK), the older program is very similar.

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ran through the WB to ECU calibration and there were numbers in there although slightly off. I found 0V = 9 AFR to 5V = 19 AFR for the WB I have. All inputted and sent to the ECU.

It still won't run ..... I have attached some screenshots and maybe one of you can say "ah, you have this wrong" or "try this" as I am kinda stuck.

I still see AFRs at 10 which seems very odd especially if you have a look at how I zeroed out a lump of the map.

Here are some screenshots to have a look through.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
I ran through the WB to ECU calibration and there were numbers in there although slightly off. I found 0V = 9 AFR to 5V = 19 AFR for the WB I have. All inputted and sent to the ECU.

It still won't run ..... I have attached some screenshots and maybe one of you can say "ah, you have this wrong" or "try this" as I am kinda stuck.

I still see AFRs at 10 which seems very odd especially if you have a look at how I zeroed out a lump of the map.

Here are some screenshots to have a look through.

View attachment 90276 View attachment 90277
Did the map from yuminashi already have the "idle control set to 10 across the board on the "enrichment Correction" tab? I would zero out everything on this tab, and come back to that later if it were me. Also, did you calibrate the TPS? I know mine was WAY off compared to the voltages that were preinstalled on the ECU. You'll find that under the Trim Setup tab where the WB O2 table is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did check the tps and shows 0.51v with closed throttle and goes up to nearly 5v showing 100% throttle.

I found I had the WB digital output connected to the ECU (green wires at both ends) and so I have sorted that. I get better readings now .... at a guess 5v equates to AFR of 10 which explains why I was seeing 10's all the time.

I have tried several maps from different sources and I still can't get the bugger to run nice or even idle. The enrichment options were part of the map I downloaded and installed.

The ignition timing map came from Yuminashi .... 2016+Dyno+MSX+164CC+IAT+ENABLED+Yuminashi-touring.

Do people usually populate the INJ VE [Map] - several maps I have all the values at zero? The map I mention above seems to be the only map that has this section of the map enabled and that was why I loaded that one up.

PS. cheers for the replies as this is driving me nuts and I would love to get her running nicely, wife wants her Grom back

·
Registered
207 Posts
I did check the tps and shows 0.51v with closed throttle and goes up to nearly 5v showing 100% throttle.

I found I had the WB digital output connected to the ECU (green wires at both ends) and so I have sorted that. I get better readings now .... at a guess 5v equates to AFR of 10 which explains why I was seeing 10's all the time.

I have tried several maps from different sources and I still can't get the bugger to run nice or even idle. The enrichment options were part of the map I downloaded and installed.

The ignition timing map came from Yuminashi .... 2016+Dyno+MSX+164CC+IAT+ENABLED+Yuminashi-touring.

Do people usually populate the INJ VE [Map] - several maps I have all the values at zero? The map I mention above seems to be the only map that has this section of the map enabled and that was why I loaded that one up.

PS. cheers for the replies as this is driving me nuts and I would love to get her running nicely, wife wants her Grom back
I know mine has one of the tables blank, I'll plug it in sometime this weekend and take a look & get back to you, it's going to rain anyways and I am still tuning mine again (new DHM piston installed a few weeks back).

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you could send me your cfg file that would be awesome.

I am having trouble getting the bugger to idle ... did you have to adjust the idle air screw on the throttle body? Doesn't seem to make much difference for me as I watch the AFR .... can wind all way and out with very little, if any, change.

Cheers.

·
Registered
207 Posts
If you could send me your cfg file that would be awesome.

I am having trouble getting the bugger to idle ... did you have to adjust the idle air screw on the throttle body? Doesn't seem to make much difference for me as I watch the AFR .... can wind all way and out with very little, if any, change.

Cheers.
I have like every map I could download at the time (and then some) on my PC, LOL...... Ended up using the maps that the ECU came with, then started modifying them to suite my needs, because I couldn't get any of the downloaded maps to run right. The "Inj VE [Map]" table is blank on mine also, since these bikes have no "MAP" sensor, and looking at the Enrichment Correction tables, those are blank too.

Yes, I had to adjust the idle air screw, but only after adjusting the idle on the throttle body on the other side (tiny lock nut and Allen wrench to adjust).

·
Registered
13 Posts
It idles! And revs too. May have time to take it for first quick spin today.

I had to adjust the locknut on the throttle assembly and open it up a little .... could they make it any smaller?

I think my main issue may well have been the battery .... it kept dying on me even when on trickle charger all the time. I replaced it and things seem a lot better.

Time to start playing with settings and fine tune it some more. And hopefully very soon I can give it back to the wife and she will be happy ... happy wife, happy life.

Cheers very much for the help :)

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,395 Posts
Glad you got it figured out, thanks for sharing your solution!

Reactions: shush319

·
Registered
207 Posts
It idles! And revs too. May have time to take it for first quick spin today.

I had to adjust the locknut on the throttle assembly and open it up a little .... could they make it any smaller?

I think my main issue may well have been the battery .... it kept dying on me even when on trickle charger all the time. I replaced it and things seem a lot better.

Time to start playing with settings and fine tune it some more. And hopefully very soon I can give it back to the wife and she will be happy ... happy wife, happy life.

Cheers very much for the help :)
AWESOME! Now the real fun begins......

21 - 33 of 33 Posts