Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello all,
as i improved my map more and more i want to share it with other Yuminashi 164cc kit owners, maybe it's of use for someone.
the map is from my MSX with 164cc Yuminashi kit, K&N 1100 Filter and TwoBrothers full system.
AFRs are approximatly
WOT : 11.8 - 12.2
50-80% and high revs: 12.2 - 12.6
below: 12.5 - 13.2

AFR differs a little, dependend on temperature, air humidity and air pressure. my elevation is about 300 m above sealevel.
I also found a good setting for coldstart enrichement. In the file are all available tables and settings.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
I ordered the 164cc ultimate kit and am waiting for it to ship. Are you using the stand alone ecu kit that comes w/ it. Im wondering if the results would make it worth adding the PCV and wb2 to it. How do you like yours.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
of course, the map is for the standalone ecu, but the "old" one

pcv and wb2 for more money than the complete yuminashi kit does not make sense for me, when an own ecu is included in the kit.

but, it's not plug and play, you have to improve the map by your own and without lambdameter you are not able to do that.
maybe with version 2 of yuminashi ecu, because you can root the signal of an external o2sensor directly into the ecu.
but, so you do not see afrs directly during driving (except you drive with notebook in front of you), only afterwards, when you check the logtable in yuminashi program.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
hello all,
as i improved my map more and more i want to share it with other Yuminashi 164cc kit owners, maybe it's of use for someone.
the map is from my MSX with 164cc Yuminashi kit, K&N 1100 Filter and TwoBrothers full system.
AFRs are approximatly
WOT : 11.8 - 12.2
50-80% and high revs: 12.2 - 12.6
below: 12.5 - 13.2

AFR differs a little, dependend on temperature, air humidity and air pressure. my elevation is about 300 m above sealevel.
I also found a good setting for coldstart enrichement. In the file are all available tables and settings.

newest map with slightly improvements.
also worked great when the weather was really hot - a little richer AFR helps oiltemps not going too hot

View attachment map_fh_b20.zip

PS: i want to share my maps to help people (yuminashi 164cc bbk owners) as snakeibf's map helped me at the beginning when my ECU seemed to have lost the original mapping or whatever happened after first connection with SW.
everyone may feel free to use it if he/she wants and i hope i can help if someone has problems.
but please note that the full ECU mapping file is not from the newest APItech ECU version 8.9 with direct O2 sensor support, but from former ECU 8.1. I do not know if my version also will work in the new ECU or not. But i suppose it will load.
Be carefull if you have new ECU, just load it to look at maps and do not save each page if you are not sure that it will work.
But, it can be a good starting point for looking and changing own map.

·
Registered
291 Posts
of course, the map is for the standalone ecu, but the "old" one

pcv and wb2 for more money than the complete yuminashi kit does not make sense for me, when an own ecu is included in the kit.

but, it's not plug and play, you have to improve the map by your own and without lambdameter you are not able to do that.
maybe with version 2 of yuminashi ecu, because you can root the signal of an external o2sensor directly into the ecu.
but, so you do not see afrs directly during driving (except you drive with notebook in front of you), only afterwards, when you check the logtable in yuminashi program.
Do you know if the new version ECU has an output for a live AFR gauge?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you know if the new version ECU has an output for a live AFR gauge?
YUMINASHI STAND-ALONE ECU / DATALOGGER (MSX125/GROM125) (38770-K26-001)

it's still unclear to me.
description says "With the new generation we have build the programmable ECU based on your needs to make it as easy as possible to tune your PGM-FI engine and included both, a narrow band and a wide-band AFR meter in the package to make accurate datalogging possible."
I suppose they mean the gauge and display within the SW, but i am not sure, maybe there is an external gauge included, but i doubt.

·
Registered
291 Posts
YUMINASHI STAND-ALONE ECU / DATALOGGER (MSX125/GROM125) (38770-K26-001)

it's still unclear to me.
description says "With the new generation we have build the programmable ECU based on your needs to make it as easy as possible to tune your PGM-FI engine and included both, a narrow band and a wide-band AFR meter in the package to make accurate datalogging possible."
I suppose they mean the gauge and display within the SW, but i am not sure, maybe there is an external gauge included, but i doubt.
Right. That is how I am reading it also. I think they will have a connection for a Bosch 02 meter that you can add on, but still the AFR reading itself will only be displayed in the software on a laptop and not a gauge on the bike. I guess for the $ I could just toss on a live wideband gauge and run both. The kit seems like a great deal, I'm just still on the fence due to the lack of users.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I believe he means it's capable of setting up for use with a narrow or wideband sensor. If you use a wideband O2 sensor that's heated I doubt the ECU has the circuitry to control the heating filament in the sensor by itself. In the software you just set the voltage in the table to the corresponding A/F ratio. It's easy and makes it so you can use any meter with an analog output.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I believe he means it's capable of setting up for use with a narrow or wideband sensor. If you use a wideband O2 sensor that's heated I doubt the ECU has the circuitry to control the heating filament in the sensor by itself. In the software you just set the voltage in the table to the corresponding A/F ratio. It's easy and makes it so you can use any meter with an analog output.
Snake is correct, you can't hook a wideband O2 sensor directly to the ECU. You need a wideband controller that is capable of an output signal, typically 1 - 5 volts that the Yuminashi ECU can read.

·
Registered
6 Posts
HELP!! I have installed the Yuminashi 164cc ultimate BBK with a PLX devices wideband O2. Everything installed to meticulous standards but the ECU will not connect with my computer. I have checked all of my connections all good tried using three different com ports only see green for a split second and then says that my ECM is disconnected. Bike seemed to run great but will not idle as of yet and will only start at 10% throttle. If it's me, tell me just need a little help to get this software to work correctly.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Make sure you have the correct version of software. Every version has its own software and they do not connect to other version devices. You can find them on "apitech online". Just google it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok so I finally got the correct software from Yuminashi for my ECU and it does communicate with the bike however I do not have a baseline map for the new software. I'm hoping that someone here may have already played around with the 8.9 software and can get me started in the right direction.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I had the same issue wrong software it's the v2 from api

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks in advance for your maps hobbycaptain....looking at the data, it looks like all the maps are included in your upload. Do they include IGN DEGREE (TPS), INJ-VE (MAP), INJ-VE (TPS), ENRICHMENT CORRECTION, and TRIM (SETUP) as on the ecu software? Does the ecu recognize each individual map when I upload from your maps?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thanks in advance for your maps hobbycaptain....looking at the data, it looks like all the maps are included in your upload. Do they include IGN DEGREE (TPS), INJ-VE (MAP), INJ-VE (TPS), ENRICHMENT CORRECTION, and TRIM (SETUP) as on the ecu software? Does the ecu recognize each individual map when I upload from your maps?
if you have version 8.1 of the ecu it will work. you have to load my map and save each table into your ecu.
also "general parameter setup" you have to send.
only loading the file does not write into your ecu. and saving 1 table does not save all other also, so, do save each table extra.

but, as of others, my file will not work with version 8.9, tables in 8.9 are slightly different and there are some additional ones.

this is still my last map http://www.hondagrom.net/forums/attachments/22628d1440488669-yuminashi-164-cc-kit-map-map_fh_b20.zip

·
Registered
15 Posts
I see the last post was 4 1/2 years ago :(

I just installed a Yuminashi 164cc bbk on wife's Grom and I am having difficulty getting it running.

Anybody able to help direct me?

I can load maps etc into the ecu and read data but constantly running rough as xxx with AFRs all over the place and generally way too rich.

One part I don't understand is when I load maps most of them (including your b17 and b20 maps) show all 0.0 in Inj VE [map] .... very few seem to have any data.

And now I am confused and a little lost and wouldn't mind someone with some experience to guide me.

Thanks, Duncan

·
Registered
207 Posts
I see the last post was 4 1/2 years ago :(

I just installed a Yuminashi 164cc bbk on wife's Grom and I am having difficulty getting it running.

Anybody able to help direct me?

I can load maps etc into the ecu and read data but constantly running rough as xxx with AFRs all over the place and generally way too rich.

One part I don't understand is when I load maps most of them (including your b17 and b20 maps) show all 0.0 in Inj VE [map] .... very few seem to have any data.

And now I am confused and a little lost and wouldn't mind someone with some experience to guide me.

Thanks, Duncan

Which ECU do you have? The maps are ECU specific and do not work on the other ECU versions IIRC. For example, the V.8.1 maps will not work on the V9.1 ECU and vice versa. The Yumi ECU will not work properly w/o a WB that has an analog output connected to the ECU Green wire, then you have to set up the WB table in the program & send it to the ECU.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Which ECU do you have? The maps are ECU specific and do not work on the other ECU versions IIRC. For example, the V.8.1 maps will not work on the V9.1 ECU and vice versa. The Yumi ECU will not work properly w/o a WB that has an analog output connected to the ECU Green wire, then you have to set up the WB table in the program & send it to the ECU.
I have a WB controller and gauge connected into the ECU. Pic of ECU attached. I did right click on the gauge in the programme and ensure wideband was selected.

It runs rough as a very rough thing and I cannot get it to idle at all.

The programme and the fuel controller seem to always show AFR around 10.1. So I stuck with just one map and started editing just one area, up to 25% tps and up to around 5k revs, to see what the results would be. I cannot get the AFR anywhere near 14 and it stays in the range of 10-11 even when I zeroed the values in the INJ VE [Tps] tab and even that didn't make that much difference.

The maps I have tried are hobbycaptain's b17 and b20 as well as several from the Yuminashi site:

2016+Dyno+MSX+164CC+IAT+Enabled+Yuminashi .... racing and touring (look identical to me)
map+v8.9+old+style+8.1+map
STOCK+MSC125+MAP+IAT+ENABLED+V8.9

Programme I am using is named STANDALONE TUNER 2015_v8_9. The "about" in the programme says 2014 A.P.I. TECH STANDALONE TUNER v2015

Thanks

1 - 20 of 33 Posts