Honda Grom banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode all day today and purposely hit every pothole and bump I could find. The bike stayed planted the whole time, with no tendency for the rear end to wander around. I installed it with the factory settings, and until I get more time on it, I don't see a need to change anything at this time. I should probably go through the whole setup exercise, but I would need knowledgeable help for that.

The OEM shock was definitely softer. Keep in mind, I'm not a tech expert on this stuff. I'm just reporting how it felt to me. I was actually paying attention to it for a change.

I like the shock. I'm glad I picked it up. :smile:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Good to know, about how much do you weigh?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Thanks. I really want better suspension. Shock appears easy now Im waiting on fork upgrades.

Sent from my DROIDX using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
More info here:
http://www.hondagrom.net/forums/49-grom-how-s-guides/1261-yss-shock-install.html

I don't think you'll find many people who tried both though. If you bought YSS then you didn't want to spend on Ohlins/CARD, if you bought Ohlins/CARD then you wouldn't sully your (<$4k) bike with a $130 shock.

I am very happy with mine, finish is good, ride quality is improved. Yes it's a bit longer than stock, and will lean a bit further on the stand. Good news is it seems to be added travel, which the bike needed I think.

Pro tip - your bike will never handle right on the original tyres. Get some michelin pilot power or city grip, and you'll be amazed at the difference. Especially in wet, but also in dry conditions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts