Honda Grom banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to hear from those of you with an aluminum Yoshimura exhaust. I am concerned about heat and my passenger. I have talked to a few of you through personal messages and I thank you for your input. If you you own an Aluminum yoshi pipe please post here on how hot it gets.

·
Registered
103 Posts
im 5"9 150lbs an my girl is an 5"3 1xx? lbs, i have the yosh rs-9 an it she said she never felt it, ive never felt it while the engine is running. i seriously doubt it gets hot enough to burn through some jeans.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Just about a thread jacking,

but i had a goped that i bought used and it had a leo vince exhaust on it.

i have 2" scars on each calf where my skin just melted away from barely touching the pipe.

Back on topic,

I know you want to know how hot the exhaust gets, but earlier today when i was draining my oil from the overfill last night. I thought i had drained enough oil and the manual says to start the grom and let it run for about a min. And check levels.

So i did. And there was still too much oil. I got down on the ground to loosening the plug again and STUPIDLY GRABBED THE HEADER WITH MY BARE HANDS! OMG that was painfully. I iced my hand, and luckily no serious burns. I went to go find my IR Thermometer and it was 125º within a minute!

When i go to work tomorrow on my grom, I will check the header pipe against to see how hot it is again!

Sorry to be off topic... but it was sort of related!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I think I answered this topic on another thread but my daughter rides with me and I have the SS yosh and she has never complained its hot and she is 11. I just made sure to put the fear of god into her about how it can burn her. She is not allowed to ride with me without pants and boots. Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts