Honda Grom banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was going to wait but who doesn't like to save money?

only problem, revzilla doesn't expect stock until mid sept.

i dont care when i get, as long as i get it. and it gives me a chance to ride my grom for a while so once i install it, i can appreciate the difference.

i just ordered the carbon slip-on for $377. so i saved $83 and there is free shipping!

i looked for any other coupons to double dip, but i scoured the web and couldn't find any!

'rs-9' search results - RevZilla

what do ya'll think? slip-on be ok or should i get full system.

with either, how necessary will it be for me to change the airbox/filter? Will i NEED to get a power commander/dyno tested? from what i have read, some say it is just a good idea to do both above.

others say, if you dont do the above, there is the potential of early wear on the enginee since it is running too lean/rich.

i dont want to mess up the engine by taking short cuts.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Did they charge you a surcharge? I was going to order my tires from them but when I went to check out they added a $10 surcharge . So I went to motorcycle superstore and no surcharge.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ITEM DETAILS QUANTITY PRICE (EACH) TOTAL
ITEM# 907300
Yoshimura RS-9 Slip-On Exhaust Honda Grom 2014
Material: Carbon Fiber / Exhaust Type: Slip-On
Qualifies for 30 day no-hassle exchange. See our Return Policy for details.
1 $377.97 $377.97
Merchandise $377.97
Shipping FREE!
Total $377.97

i dont see any surcharge?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
The only reason I ordered them is because people said they suck in the rain. If they are anything like the stock tires on the ruck, which suck, I had to get new ones.

Sent from my Book of magic spells using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
294 Posts
ha. i still havent made my mind on the power pure sc yet. i think i want them, what am i going to do with the stocks tires? i already have too much stuff in the garage!
hey i don't mind the stock tyre to much , they need a good warming up ! i havn't tride them in the rain yet tho and this is my first bike so i don t have anythink to compere to !

·
Registered
1,283 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Is the note at the top of the Revzilla page for the Yoshimura pre-order about it being illegal in California keeping any Cali people from getting one? It's been so long since I rode that I don't know if the cops sweat it.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
while doing research of exhausts,

i found the two reasons why a pipe would be illegal.

1) emissions
2) decibel output

the latter varies from state to state, but when a pipe exceeds 80db from 10ft or 130 10 inches. it becomes illegal. So before you buy, google "your state motorcycle exhaust"

luckily, texas doesnt have any restrictions!

hmmmm.....

i was thinking that a lot of people would jump on the sale? are yoshi pipes not as popular/ good as i thought?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
In cali they are strict. You are unlikely to get pulled over unless the thing is obnoxiously loud, however if you get pulled over for something else you could get an additional equipment violation. That's how it was when I was there.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I would love to order the CF system but they got the angle of the muffler wrong and that would always bug me.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would love to order the CF system but they got the angle of the muffler wrong and that would always bug me.
can you elaborate a little more on the wrong angle?

is it more of a personal pref on how it looks.

or is the incorrect angle going to give me a problems later on? what kind of problems?

thanks! (sorry, i'm just a very excited noob)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone know if the carbon slip-on would interfere with the factory turn signals if they are relocated with a tidy tail kit? Only reason I haven't purchased yet is I'm worried about the fitment.

·
Registered
220 Posts
In cali they are strict. You are unlikely to get pulled over unless the thing is obnoxiously loud, however if you get pulled over for something else you could get an additional equipment violation. That's how it was when I was there.
Never. Ever. been bothered by police for an exhaust in California. Even if/when pulled over. I personally would not sweat it.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
can you elaborate a little more on the wrong angle?

is it more of a personal pref on how it looks.

or is the incorrect angle going to give me a problems later on? what kind of problems?

thanks! (sorry, i'm just a very excited noob)
Personal preference. I think the top of the muffler should be parallel to the bottom of the seat plastic.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts