Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yoshimura R&D of America announces RS-9 applications for the 2014 Honda Grom (MSX125)

Happy Day!!! We go from news of a new jug for the Grom, straight into news from Chino, Calif. that one of our favorite exhaust manufacturers, Yoshimura, has released a new set of aftermarket exhausts for the 2014 Honda Grom and the MSX125!

The boys over at Yoshimura aren't just delivering any ol' exhaust system either! It seems as though they are really taking this platform seriously! They are lending the same RS-9 system that they have been using to dominate the Supercross circuit for quite some time now! The Grom is one lucky streetable platform!

The RS-9 system utilizes some really trick technology to get the waste gases out of the cylinder, and it ends in a, frankly pretty, can that is available in a few different finishes. They are offering an aluminum body with a carbon fiber end cap, or a full carbon fiber body and cap. The components are all stamped out in their Chino factory from polished 304-L stainless steel, and finished with a mix of high quality components like closed-end rivets reinforced with laser cut bands. And we all know that lasers make everything way better!

They are standing behind the exhaust systems and putting their stamp of USA Made performance and quality that they have been putting on exhaust systems and performance odds and ends for years now. All of that knowhow is now being applied to this little bruiser! I cannot wait to see some performance figures!

Honda Grom RS-9 Pricing
  • Part #: 121202H220 Slip-On Carbon Fiber/Carbon Fiber Cap MSRP: $460.00
  • Part #: 121202H320 Slip-On Aluminum/Carbon Fiber Fiber Cap MSRP: $325.00
  • Part #: 121200H220 Full System Carbon Fiber/Carbon Fiber Cap MSRP: $530.00
  • Part #: 121200H320 Full System Aluminum/Carbon Fiber Cap MSRP: $395.00

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I'm guessing you could just go with aftermarket lights if the stocks hit the pipe. That seems to be the only problem I could see.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I hope their stainless doesn't turn colors like it did on my ruckus. The header pipe spotted within 50 miles of riding. Not sure it was actual t304 stainless or not but I was quite disappointed. Same thing happened to my buddy's yoshi pipe on his r-1. They didn't want to warranty it either. Sucks.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Stainless STILL stains. it just stains LESS. no lie, no bullshit. it will still stain, rust, discolor, mar. It does polish up quite easy and is more than durable.

metal polish and spotting is gone....

·
Registered
955 Posts
I'm liking the slip ons, I have the stainless steel pipe already from faddy bike. No noticeable difference in power with the stock muffler

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Registered
112 Posts
I love the sound of the Yoshi on my GY6 Ruckus...Would love one on my Grom too. But will an aftermarket can void the engine warranty though?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All Carbon fiber for my tastes. I actually like the blueing that SS gets when it gets hot. Does that make me weird?

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
All Carbon fiber for my tastes. I actually like the blueing that SS gets when it gets hot. Does that make me weird?
No. I'm the same, I think it gives the bike character.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts