Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im getting a good deal on a Yoshi carb so in going to sell off my tuner and make the leap back in time

Ive already built a setup and went carb for a little bit just for shits so I only have a couple questions right off the bat for the couple of people who've done the Yoshi carb

If you didn't buy the conversion kit..
1: what throttle cable did you use? A normal off the shelf slide cable? What length?

2: where are you getting jets? I haven't searched yet for this but thought maybe someone has already found a good source
EDIT: Thank you GSX, the jets are shared with Keihin hex's, mains can be found here http://jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_carburetor_type/jets_keihin_99101-357_main_Hex_25-xxx.htm

3: where can you get parts? I'm going to want to get a second velocity stack and mod it to run in the airbox
EDIT: jumped on webike and searched the carb, still no jet kits but found this.. The filter adapter is up my ally since I'd like to retain the airbox
http://japan.webike.net/ps/Yoshimura+YD-MJN28/#!search&p.k=Yoshimura+YD-MJN28

EDIT: just found this on YouTube, a step by step process of installing the full yoshi carb kit, I didn't realized how much was actually involved, they really took their time setting up a nice kit.. I wish I read Japanese and was able to translate but even from the video you see where they retain the TPS which is pretty interesting and explains why the conversion kit is so pricey

I know a couple guys have made the jump so if you could post pics of your setup, your engine mods and your overall opinion of it that would be awesome

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am running a TB 28mm Carb on my setup. Awriut with finbro/monkey father can hook you up but he is in Thailand. I get many of my parts from Vince at Tbolt USA. He can fix you up with whatever you need also.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I've looked for answers before and didn't really get a clear picture on what to do.

Some say just leave ecu and injector plugged in and all sensors. Tap into fuel line and T off before pump and de pin fuel pump.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've looked for answers before and didn't really get a clear picture on what to do.

Some say just leave ecu and injector plugged in and all sensors. Tap into fuel line and T off before pump and de pin fuel pump.
Yeah, as far as getting it to run you just remove all the sensors from the tb but leave them plugged in, remove the injector but leave it plugged it (you can remove the fuel line if you want) and depin 2 wires, I don't remember which but I can reference back, this allows your fuel gauge to work without the fuel pump turning on, T into the J shaped hose which is the low pressure side of the pump and that T is your fuel feed to the carb

the bike starts and runs like normal and won't trip the CEL, also note IIRC the PGMFI uses the fuel system to limit revs, so by eliminating the efi you will no longer have a rev limiter which can be dangerous if you aren't careful or set up to over rev

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
They offer a 181 carb, what does it offer that the other doesn't?

Do you think a vendor could source the slide carb setup from the kit? Or make one that works? I'd buy two

·
Registered
537 Posts
The carb uses Keikin Hex Jets. My Finbro 183 ended up with a 112 main jet and the richest needle. The needle is a compromise. It is not like a conventional needle. It is like a spray bar. The carb worked ok, but I would have preferred a standard needle. It was rich down low and just a little rich on 3/4 throttle.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Here's a pic of the original setup with the Yosh adapter (with a bend). The straight shot with the current setup makes more power.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts