Honda Grom banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, I pre-ordered it from Hard Racing. It's not that much more than the RS2, and I both like the look and am not ashamed to buy things based on looks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
View attachment 82676

Not too hard to install. Maybe 45mins for someone who reads the instructions like 10 times (me). Required a trim of the rear hugger.

Also note, this exhaust will have to come off in order to remove the right side plastics; the can is directly in the way of the 3 screws on the rear of the bike that you need to remove in order to get the right side off. The left side can still come off easily.

I installed this and the PCV - i wouldn't say I notice any difference really other than the cool looks and the cool (loud!) sound. But hey that's as expected.

Two thing about the exhaust that seem odd:

The plate that's required for mounting to an SF grom goes right over the existing Yoshimura fender eliminator plate. Seems like it could have replaced it, rather than just adding another thick piece of metal on top of it.

The exhaust specs two springs connecting the header bracket (not sure what it's actually called) and the header pipe, but they seem to be at a very weird angle, the springs really seem like they are not in the right place, but there's no other way for them to go.

Otherwise, fit and finish seem really nice. I had kind of thought that the 5 sound baffles might come with it, but they didn't.

·
Vendor
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
And a big thanks to Hard Racing for all their presence and activity on here. Helps a noob like me feel confident enough to take on these projects on my own.

Thanks for the follow up post.

Great looking bike.

·
Registered
865 Posts
That’s too bad that the 5 sound baffles did not come with the exhaust. I was most intrigued by the notion of being to adjust the exhaust volume as needed. So.....you are running no sound-reducing baffles at this time — is that correct?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yep that's correct. It's loud, but when I asked my wife, she did not characterize it as obnoxiously loud as I drove through our neighborhood as quietly as possible. At WOT i think it might be.

·
Registered
19 Posts
OK, now that I've ridden it a bit, it's quite loud. You can make it quiet if you really baby it, but there's no real way to go up a hill quietly. I'm going to look into finding the baffles.

·
Registered
28 Posts
On my current set up (DHM stage 3 ) :
i went from a stocker with a cat delete pipe to this yoshi rs9.
I think the tune runs better with the rs9 Vs the stock pipe. Love the look, and it is very loud

21 - 32 of 32 Posts