Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Vendor
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your take on this new Yoshimura RS-9T Full Titanium system. Yea, it's pricey.. But, it is Full Ti, and it's tucked up out of the way, obviously great for Racers, and stunters who's bike may land on the Ground more then others.
;-)

**Yoshimura Race RS-9T Full System with "High Mount" Titanium Can ( Carbon End Cap & Titanium Header/ Tail pipe)
Fits: Honda '13-20 Grom & Grom SF**
121211R720
Benefits for the Yoshimura RS-9T titanium system include:
**-Insanely light at 4.6 lbs.**
-Includes a carbon fiber heel guard
-Significant power and torque gains across the spectrum
-18mm Lambda / o2 sensor bung
-Muffler tucked under rear seat body cowling to minimize crash damage
-RS-9T muffler allows the use of 5 sound insert options to customize power delivery and sound reduction.

>>
YOSHIMURA RS-9T <<

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
Pricey, but I like to hear the various inserts that are used to get the various noise level and I like to see what the power band is like on a bigger engine such as the Koso 170-4v 181-4v and Takegawa 181-4v engine and power band is like.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Why do the advertising dyno charts always delete the actual rpm, hp, and tq numbers? What are they trying to hide? Do they actually believe no one will notice?
Dyno numbers are so unreliable. That's why they delete them. Engine output varies by temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, etc. That's not even including the huge variances from dyno to dyno. If they put numbers on the chart they'd have clueless idiots calling them and telling them their product sucks, because they couldn't match the numbers after one dyno run they did at the top of Pike's Peak on a 110 degree day.

·
Vendor
2,054 Posts
My thoughts, mostly based on fact... Yosh is an enthusiast driven company, we work directly with often. They DO NOT market based on hype. The Toce above (I have not tested personally), I can almost assure you doesn’t make the power of the Yosh. This to system is side mounted. It’s it INCREDIBLY light, and I’m not referencing advertising, I’m talking about holding it in person, when first released at our Barber Small Bore event. Literally insane. Not for everyone, based on price, but worth every dime for those with deep pockets needing the best.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I am intrigued. Yes, it is a lot of money, but that is often the case with anything performance-related.

I probably stand in the minority on this point, but I really need to keep my Grom running pretty quiet. This is both because I have neighbors and must depart for work quite early in the morning, but also for my own comfort and situational awareness when I am riding. I tried a Hindle at one time, but I found that -- even with the dB insert installed -- that exhaust system was to loud for my tastes. Regarding THIS Yoshimura system with the five (5) different noise-controlling configurations: if the volume can be adjusted down towards more stock-approaching levels without killing performance altogether, I might be a candidate for this exhaust.

Hard Racing, can you comment on the various noise-attenuating configurations?

·
Vendor
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dyno numbers are so unreliable. That's why they delete them. Engine output varies by temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, etc. That's not even including the huge variances from dyno to dyno. If they put numbers on the chart they'd have clueless idiots calling them and telling them their product sucks, because they couldn't match the numbers after one dyno run they did at the top of Pike's Peak on a 110 degree day.

So well said.

And again, we are talking about a Grom......Not a 500 hp VETTE.

The Graph is to show you two Power and Torque Curves, side by side........ Not have someone Dead locked on expecting a certain HP Number.

Because as 50-50 said........ there are soo many variables that come into play.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Love how it looks, but for the price, I'll stick with the Finbro ex w/ LeoVince Evo GP can I already have, it too is sexy on a SF.

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
Anyone know or can measure the I/D of the pipe that mates to the exhaust port and what is the O/D of the pipe going thur the under side up to the and mating to the muffler.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I probably stand in the minority on this point, but I really need to keep my Grom running pretty quiet.
I'm with you on this. You might want to have a look at japanese exhausts on Webike, Takegawa, Moriwaki, Beams all have quality exhausts that are not too loud and not too expensive. They usually specify dBs.

This Yoshimura exhaust looks really good! I just don't like the bung being so apparent. It's ugly when not used and the O2 sensor that might be sticking out of it is even uglier.
Maybe they could have moved it just behind the rearset, or under the engine.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I'm with you on this. You might want to have a look at japanese exhausts on Webike, Takegawa, Moriwaki, Beams all have quality exhausts that are not too loud and not too expensive. They usually specify dBs.

This Yoshimura exhaust looks really good! I just don't like the bung being so apparent. It's ugly when not used and the O2 sensor that might be sticking out of it is even uglier.
Yoshimura is a performance company that puts R&D into their products. The O2 sensor was put at that location and that angle for a reason. It may not be the most visually appealing, but I'd bet the O2 sensor works properly.

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
Yoshimura is a performance company that puts R&D into their products. The O2 sensor was put at that location and that angle for a reason. It may not be the most visually appealing, but I'd bet the O2 sensor works properly.
yep I second and third that, RnD is like DIY when testing stuff, you want it to work.

I install my 02 sensor at a angle so moisture does not collect on the tip sensor, I also install my 02 sensor at a certain distance from the exhaust port so hopefully it will have a accurate reading.

A good looking Grom is sometime like a good looking woman, Looks good but can't cook, don't know anything about sex, can't wash the dishes and is slow as molasses when putting on make up or taking their clothes, same as most good looking groms on the molasses part.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I'm pretty sure they put it there because it's the most convenient place, not too far from the head, at an angle and it doesn't matter what side cover or cylinder you have as it will always stay clear from either.
I had it at the same place on a RPM exhaust, worked well but I just didn't like how it looked. I moved it to just behind the rear set on the next exhaust, it's stays clear from both the Kitaco and stock clutch cover, is at a good angle and doesn't hurt my eyes. And it works as intended. Hard Racing was asking about our thoughts on this exhaust, that's just what I shared...

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Supermoto Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'd be interested to know how much more difficult it is to install given that it has to thread through the swingarm?

(First post, been lurking since I got my Grom, and getting ready for an exhaust!)

·
Registered
795 Posts
It's not a big deal really, just lean it over on the left side a bit, insert exhaust, bolt it up and done.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'd also imagine there are some limitations on license plate placement - I have the Yoshimura fender eliminator, hard to tell from these photos but I'd be hesitant to buy without knowing whether that would work!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I like the looks of this new design, and price is inline with increased cost of titanium. I too am curious of how the various inserts will sound as well as perform. If I didn’t pay ~$500 for my current system, I would consider buying it, especially with the bung port.

Reactions: 50-50
1 - 20 of 34 Posts