Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my grom stock is was only able to get to 65 MPH, but after i installed my Yoshi Full today. I am now able to get to 68-69 MPH on a flat road with no drafting, tailwind , or going down a hill!

I'm just now use to of it the new performance, but i wasn't able to tell that i was in 3rd because of the exhaust. I had thought i was in 4th and i was WOT, when i looked down at the gauge i was very surprised that I was passed the redline for 2-3 secs.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Just think if you tucked you would have probably seen 70-72. I never had the stock exhaust on but I really like the yosh. If I see another exhaust I like I may pick it up and compare the two.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not done the intake mod. I wanted to so do each mod separately so I could see the benefits of each mod.

if laying on the gas tank = full tuck. I was in a full tuck. But I did have both hands on the handle bar.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Did you get some funny looks while passing cars on the HWY

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Admin i'm sorry if i'm not suppose to recommend someone other than our vendors.

I have ask him to ask his bosses to become a supporting vendor.

But i would contact Brad from Ridersdiscount.com @ 866-931-6644 ext 810.

I have bought from him my Zena xx6 ($58 shipped) and Yoshi full carbon ($415 shipped, yes it is the best price around, but FYI most companies are backordered on the full carbon in light of the recent very positive reviews)

In the near future, i may be getting the yoshi fender kit (still thinking about it because you an see the bolts) and a Scorpio Ride (they announced on their FB page shipping will be on Sept 9th.)

·
Registered
736 Posts
El C, I'm doing my part!!!

During my pickup and my videos only this site is mentioned!
You are the man! You are an example to all of us lesser men :)

Let me know anytime you get down to the Cedar Park area man I'd love to meet ya and maybe go for a ride!

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I don't think well be able to see more than 72-73 on the limiter in 4th, that looks about like 9k at 69 do what's another 200rpm?

I hit 67 omw to work this morning, full tuck all by myself, 9k every gear, yesterday down the same strip I could only hit 65, all factory just removed the intake pipe off the throttle body (same as yesterday)

·
Registered
684 Posts
I plan on doing my Leo Vince slip-on, air box mod, and the 16 tooth sprocket all at once, I'm hoping for a top speed of 75-77. we will see.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice! Everything cool with the install?
Yes it was as easy as i thought. after watching you install yours!

I just hope since we didn't swap the gasket on either of ours groms won't affect us later.

Actually,for those that have installed full system, has anyone here replaced their gasket with a new one? Honda didn't have any so i had to order it.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
jmdz,

where did you get yours from? they had them in stock? did you go with the full system?
Ordered from Yoshi. I didn't see anything that said out of stock, and yeah I went with the CF full system.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I get 72mph standard on my msx in the same conditions, headwind is a killer though, notice a lot of ya are running the bikes flat out without much of a run in period? anyhoo after first 600 mile service with an oil change I got a little more poke from the motor!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts