Honda Grom banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I have a problem. the bike will cut out if I apply full throttle but not at part throttle, and wont rev to red line anymore. I've changed the stator and took apart the top end as well as both covers to look for any issues. I've tried multiple ecu's as well as disconnecting the battery. Not sure if there are any sensors that I can replace or where to go from here other than replacing the bottom end. If anyone has any type of help or advice I would GREATLY appreciate it.

p.s. I see a "change switch" on the parts diagram for the crank case and am thinking about ordering one of those but have no idea what that is for.... if anyone knows that as well that would be helpful. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I purchased the bike but not a warranty. It's also cammed and has an aracer. I think that would void the warranty

·
Registered
36 Posts
You dont get any warranty on a new bike ?

id put the cam back in and stock ecu and send it to the dealer

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sounds like a aRacer issue, remove Aracer and install stock ECU, test again. "Change Switch" is probably for the gear indicator if I had to guess....

·
Registered
2014 Grom
25 Posts
wont rev to red line anymore.
I've changed the stator and took apart the top end
I've tried multiple ecu's
I see a "change switch" on the parts diagram for the crank case
have no idea what that is for....
It's also cammed and has an aracer.
Just stop what you are doing and find someone who understands Grom motors, and how to tune them with aftermarket parts. This forum is a great place for someone to ask for help after they have a basic understanding of how these little motors work, but you are swapping out parts unnecessarily and throwing away money.

If you want to continue to tackle this by yourself, I'd suggest watching a bunch of YouTube videos on how Aracer systems work(there are lots of them), and learn how to set yours up correctly. Since an Aracer system replaces your stock ECU, it's rev limit will be different than stock, and all it will be adjusted via an app on your phone or by being plugged into a PC. Stop messing with your stator, it has nothing to do with your issues, and if you can, please explain what you did when you...

took apart the top end

Reactions: grommuter
1 - 7 of 7 Posts