Honda Grom banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
JE Engineering fender eliminator thread

Bored at work today. So I drew up, in Solidworks, my own fender eliminator.

Waterjet cut
0.125" 2024 aluminum.
0.485 K-factor.
0.22 lbs total weight.

Press brake bent as soon as I got home.
Debating on powdercoating black or leave natty.
Not too keen on the Shrek ear LEDs though.

Anyone wants the .dxf file, I'll be happy to provide.
Pardon my Atrix HD's overdeveloped, crap, pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I love the fact that there are already so many different ways to mod these bikes. Can't wait for an all Grom bike show.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks.

The mechanical engineering hubris in me says I can build a better mousetrap that of lighter materials, less bulky in design/appearance, and cheaper than some of the more hyped models out there.

I could say I could provide these in a flat pattern mailed to you for around $25ea + ship but:
1. I'm not a vendor, nor would I choose to be.
and
2. I'm kicking back from what's been provided to me. Pay it forward.

Taking a file on thumbdrive down to a capable machine shop is wonderful... almost magical in some respects.
Hand off the file.
Select your material.
Pick up the completed job.

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
I need a good rack made so that when I buy 5 dozen eggs from Costco and other Costco food items it will fit on my GROM like it does on my Hayabusa. I can carry a lot on my 99 Hayabusa rear seat using straps and motorcycle bunggie nets.

Sometimes my Hayabusa looks like one of those India based scooters with all the items a rider would carry but I like riding my Hayabusa around Santa Clara Calif cause I can go between cars, can park any where and can carry enough food to last me a week.

Your fender eliminator is the tits, nice job.
Ride safe

·
Registered
78 Posts
I need a good rack made so that when I buy 5 dozen eggs from Costco and other Costco food items it will fit on my GROM like it does on my Hayabusa. I can carry a lot on my 99 Hayabusa rear seat using straps and motorcycle bunggie nets.

Sometimes my Hayabusa looks like one of those India based scooters with all the items a rider would carry but I like riding my Hayabusa around Santa Clara Calif cause I can go between cars, can park any where and can carry enough food to last me a week.

Your fender eliminator is the tits, nice job.
Ride safe
I agree, fantastic work. I too have wanted to carry something more.. mount a milk crate temporarily..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts