Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Here to introduce myself!
I have been reading this forum for several weeks now but i wanted to wait till I bought my own to introduce myself.

Since I was about 12 years old i have loved motorcycles at 16 i had saved some money and bought a http://p1.bikepics.com/2004\10\17\bikepics-229695-320.jpg derbi gpr 50cc with 6 gears.
That thing did about 75 mph / 120 km/h faster then the other bikes and scooter the other kids had :)

Anyways I sold it about a year later and have ever since wanted to get my drivers license but something always came in between...
About a year ago i did the theory, took the lessons but didn't get to buy a bike in the end so I didn't get to do my license tests, sad I know...

Anyways now, at 27 years old, I am getting my first bike even though it's only a 125cc engine I know I will love to drive on 2 wheels again.
I have never enjoyed driving cars very much but i know this little bike won't be in the garage much :D

Anyways today I left from work and had about an hour before the dealer closed, raced home asap, picked up my girlfriend and went to the dealer.

I planned on getting the white one but they where sold out and the next ones would be delivered in about 2 months (not sure if i can believe the dealer about that), anyways a week of waiting would have been too much :D

At the dealer they had red black and yellow, so my choice was between red & black (not a fan of yellow...) from all the pictures I saw online I was pretty sure i would get a red one but in the store i immediately liked the black one better.

So I deposited about 600 dollars / 500 euro, bought a lock and my girlfriend took a picture of me sitting on the grom (like a kid in a candy shop...)

Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motorcycle accessories

Didn't like the helmets they had so tomorrow i am going helmet shopping.

Afterwards we where driving back home and my gf suggested we picked up some bubbles, she said "Well you have to celebrate no?", Hell Yeah!

If all is good i will be picking it up on monday so this will be a very loooong weekend for me :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fing niceee!! An official welcome to the forum!! Glad to have another belgian driver aboard!! Im sure you are going to love it!!! Im pumpedd!! Did it go like i explained?
Omg you are fast to reply, i just sent you a pm like 2 seconds ago :D
I went exactly like you explained expect for the part where they send my plates to the dealer, my insurance agent told me if I wanted to get the plates faster I could pick up the papers on monday and get them myself.
That way i can go to the dealer and pick it up on monday instead of tuesday.

Anways I'm pumped 2!!

Now I have to find a nice helmet :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bienvneue to the forum, and congrats on your purchase.
Where are you located, I assume Europe.
But I know France don't have Black ones so assume Belgium or Holland

Dog
Merci!

I am from belgium, West Flanders, Ostend ;) the flemish part but I do speak french mon ami :D

·
Registered
674 Posts
Omg you are fast to reply, i just sent you a pm like 2 seconds ago :D
I went exactly like you explained expect for the part where they send my plates to the dealer, my insurance agent told me if I wanted to get the plates faster I could pick up the papers on monday and get them myself.
That way i can go to the dealer and pick it up on monday instead of tuesday.

Anways I'm pumped 2!!

Now I have to find a nice helmet :D
That works too but be mentally prepared to wait, because the waiting line(or how do you say it) can be long! I'm using the forum app on my phone so its easy to follow everything from everywhere :)

Goodluck monday, pictures are a must :D

·
Registered
674 Posts
Well like I said above I wanted the white one but I aint waiting 2 Months just for a color!
Black was the second best imo
Seeing the colors online i wanted white aswell, but i test drove the white one and i foune the black one better and meaner (more agressive) looking, so i changed my mind at the dealership, and Im happy I did!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seeing the colors online i wanted white aswell, but i test drove the white one and i foune the black one better and meaner (more agressive) looking, so i changed my mind at the dealership, and Im happy I did!
Good to hear that, as they didn't have a white one in stock I haven't actually seen it except from pictures.

Pretty sure I will enjoy the black one as much as white, Hell I would even take a pink one :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
By the way, any suggestions on a good dealer for helmets, gloves etc? Region west-fl. preferred :D

No idea yet what kind of helmet I want either...

·
Registered
674 Posts
By the way, any suggestions on a good dealer for helmets, gloves etc? Region west-fl. preferred :D

No idea yet what kind of helmet I want either...
If you dont mind to ride to kortrijk (my dad lives there) there are 2 big shops, motoreflex and rad.eu both good shops to find good quality helmets and the shops are like 1.5km from ea..! I bought stuff in both already, other then that idk, bruges probably has some aswell..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you dont mind to ride to kortrijk (my dad lives there) there are 2 big shops, motoreflex and rad.eu both good shops to find good quality helmets and the shops are like 1.5km from ea..! I bought stuff in both already, other then that idk, bruges probably has some aswell..
I know about Rad, I just saw that they have a shop in Bruges but on streetview it seems rather small. Might drive to Kortrijk it's only 45 minutes so...

·
Registered
674 Posts
I know about Rad, I just saw that they have a shop in Bruges but on streetview it seems rather small. Might drive to Kortrijk it's only 45 minutes so...
Its worth it!
http://www.motoreflex.com

Let us kno what you bought! if you wanne go for pure awesomeness go for the Shark Raw model :) anyway ignore what i just said and mostly buy a helmet that fits you perfectly and gives you a good and safe feeling!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Sweeet. Welcome to the forum!

Sent from the refrigerator using HondaGrom.net mobile app.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts