Honda Grom banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
^ I run chickenhawk tire warmers on my aprilia to get the tires up to temp and tacky but you just took it to the next level. I'm not sure if that's such a great idea, hot exhaust blowing that close to the tire will take the tire past tacky to slippery. Rotisserie chicken comes to mind.

·
Registered
41 Posts
mine will be here in a couple days....webikejapan claimed I got the last one in stock :tongue:

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
^ I run chickenhawk tire warmers on my aprilia to get the tires up to temp and tacky but you just took it to the next level. I'm not sure if that's such a great idea, hot exhaust blowing that close to the tire will take the tire past tacky to slippery. Rotisserie chicken comes to mind.
yup. thats bad for the tire in numerous ways. turn the exhaust back out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It doesn't blow directly but in an angle partly on the tire. I live in a rather cold climate but will turn it back later when I get the O2 sensor welded on.
And very soon it wil be summer I hope.
No problems right now with too high tire temperatur.

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
^ Ok besides the heat, unburned fuel, oil, water and fire balls dose come out of the exhaust especially now since you removed the spark arrestor. Your putting unessary contaminates on the tire. I had a friend do the samething on his r1 in 2003 and his tire turned gray and slippery.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes on a bigger bike this is not a smart thing to do, but the Grom hardly uses any fuel at all.
So it is probably not very large amounts of anything harmful that comes out of the exhaust compared to bigger vehicles.
And it's only on the left half of the tire anyway, so I can quickly spot any change.

·
Registered
315 Posts
^ I’m all about grip/tires and preventive maintenance. I push my Grom pretty hard in the turns, so what if your rings give out (Not saying it will but it happens,) you’re going to puke oil all over the rear tire, then you can guess what happens next. I don’t like pushing my bikes with “What if’s” on my mind… it slows me down lol. If I lowside my Grom or Aprilia I would be devastated if it was preventable, it’s also very expensive. Trust me I’ve been down a few time and I get up and learn the hard way. What was cool back then is very stupid today, dang I guess I'm getting old.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Arrived and installed...easy peasy...OEM removed in 5 min...new on in 10. disconnected battery and went for a ride. Looks sounds good...diggin it so far.

Reactions: arunto

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have yet to remove "strainer". Will eventually get around to it. I have been busy trying to find a really good map with this exhaust and modified airbox and BMC filter.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have no map or AFR gauge yet for mine, still in the break-in. Only have 100 miles (160 km) on it.
Been very cold lately but now summer should be here.
I have the big DNA air filter and Brocks Performance velocity stack in the airbox.
I try to take it easy, no full throttle up hills.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm on the stock tune with this exhaust...no other mods yet...certainly want to do an intake...but not until I figure out what I'll be using to add fuel. Keep us posted what tune your're gonna use.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tried several different maps. So far in my area the two brothers map from dyno jet website has done really well. Yoshimura map ran terrible with this set up. Hesitations, loss of power. Will keep experimenting.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts