Honda Grom banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
The only problem I see with this exhaust is mounting an external o2 sensor, probably the main reason I have not purchase a wide band yet. Not to many locations to weld a bung and it to nice to even do so. I may just get a AFR+ o2 adapter to try out.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
do you have to remove this system to access the oil drain bolt?
You have to remove the muffler portion which is easy it is one bolt and a spring. Takes an extra 5 mins.

·
Registered
421 Posts
It's a great exhaust.

Reactions: arunto

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
It's really a sweet looking exhaust, I considered one but figured I'd bash it on something and feel terrible. After riding a good bit and not having clearance problems, I kinda wish I had gotten it..

·
Registered
37 Posts
So, can someone give me dB meter readings from a phone app? I would like to know with the phone at where your head would be on the bike at idle and 3500rpm and 5k rpm. I can interpolate the rest. Let me know what app you use. I want to compare to stock. I REALLY like this exhaust and am willing to shell out the money if the dB's are low enough. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Got this nice exhaust yesterday, but I am thinking it could need some mods?
There is some kind of spark arrestor or db killer in the inlet of the muffler. This just has to be removed in some way?
And in the outlet of the muffler there is a restrictor too. What to dooo?

Also the outlet pipe is angled a bit upwards instead of straight or a bit downwards, but I guess this is not a big problem. But it could perhaps accumulate water.

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
So fellows, what are we gonna do about a WBO2?? I'm considering the dobeck o2 adapter. Can't/won't weld on the titanium. What to dooo?

·
Registered
53 Posts
No problem opening the muffler, only aluminium rivets.
No need to open the inlet end of the muffler.
Just opened and inspected the outlet end.
Drilled out the strainer in the inlet end using a 40 mm bimetal hole saw.

IMG_2363.JPG IMG_2366.JPG

·
Registered
421 Posts
Fuckin ballsy! Got it back together yet? Any difference?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks Teerex! I've had the opportunity to work with the AFR Plus system, providing feedback to Dobeck for what worked and what didn't work. I ended up buying a new O2 sensor before sending the system back because the location with the adapter contaminated the sensitive elements within the O2 sensor which affects sensor accuracy and overall lifespan. It may look like it works in the beginning, but when it's really "ridden" after the break in period, weird things can happen. Don't be afraid to get the bung welded on, just find a reputable welding\machine shop, ask them to use the current welds as a guide to what kind of work you expect, and don't worry about the payment. You get what you pay for if you know what expectations to set. If they cannot do it, go to another shop. Our Grom hobby is an investment, you already took the plunge by getting an exotic exhaust, therefore if you can't do it right now, wait and save....you'll be glad you did ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am getting my new red MSX 125 on friday, så I have no idea how it is riding this thing

By the way, when I riveted the end cap back I rotated it 180 degrees so now the outlet points to the left and a bit downwards, instead of to the right and slightly upwards.
Every mod counts :single_eye:

Why is the post empty when I try to edit it ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Absolutely love this exhaust !

Louder than stock so you can enjoy its sound but half as loud as most other exhaust I have listen to for the Grom.

Quality of construction is excellent.
20150424_194807.jpg 20150423_174156.jpg 20150423_174132.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
I will never know what this exhaust sounded like "stock" since I drilled out the strainer before installing (I am installing it this weekend).
If you drill it out too and report if any difference... :tennis:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Refrain from slamming down hard wheelies with this exhaust, just before the front wheels touch down rip on the throttle so its nice and gentle.
Ok maybe just don't do wheelies its illegal and dangerous lol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The sound is really awesome, had the first Yamamoto ride today (no "strainer"). Not too loud but not silent at all.
Exhaust hits rear tire a bit, because I turned the muffler end cap 180 degrees...

IMG_2382.JPG IMG_2374.JPG IMG_2377.JPG IMG_2384.JPG IMG_2385.JPG IMG_2379.JPG

81 - 100 of 115 Posts