Honda Grom banner

61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Where did you order it from, and does it make the center very low? I.e. do I need to be worried when going off a curb or something?
i got it from webbike japan, its not low, u will be ok goin over speed bumps etc, it also clears goin up an angled ramp when loading onto trucks...

·
Registered
67 Posts
How is an oil change with this exhaust? Does it get in the way?
It may be possible to change the oil without removing the muffler but for me it's much easier to just remove the one bolt and spring and pull the muffler of the header. Takes an extra 2 minutes and gives me the chance to give the muffler a thorough clean while the oil drains...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I remove the muffler as well and use a piece of cardboard to keep the oil away from the piping. Not too big of deal maybe takes an extra 5 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using HondaGrom.net

·
Registered
217 Posts
damn that exhaust sounds good

·
Registered
217 Posts
:notworthy: JDM products

·
Registered
137 Posts
finally ordered mines. Had the MNNTHBX but decided that was not for me due to back pressure reasons. Does this exhaust have similar back pressure to the stock exhaust?

·
Registered
681 Posts
?? Back pressure issues?? Care to elaborate??

Down under

·
Registered
315 Posts
It's not a loud muffler, I think the chimera intake is louder at 55mph.

Reactions: Dude6710

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just put the exhaust one and i must say i'm VERY impressed with this set up. Yamamoto compared to the MNTHBX is no comparison as far as sound and back pressure.
One question to the thread starter. Did you have to use a exhaust gasket for the yamamoto exhaust?

As for elaborating on the back pressure issue what i was saying is that the MNNTHBX has little to no back pressure because i'm guessing its a straight pipe with no muffler. The yamamoto on the other hand feels like it has a lot of back pressure. What i use the back pressure for is getting the bike up easier when popping the clutch. Not sure how to explain this but i'm sure a quick google search would explain what back pressure does.

·
Registered
137 Posts
oh yeah and the yamamoto sounds bad ass. When i first started it i couldn't believe how different it sounded from my MNNTHBX exhaust. It also looks a lot nicer. Way worth the 550.00 i paid for it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I would buy the Yam because it is a work of art. And also being low mount, it would incur the least or no damage when the bike goes down. But that's another $200.00 in ship/handling.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Can some one provide some basic header dimension for the Yam pipe? Inlet inside-diameter, then pipe diameter and lengths, and the location of any step-ups in size. I'd like to see how well it matches the profile generated to match my engine. Other wise I might have to get a custom header made, but this one looks sooooo tasty! :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Can some one provide some basic header dimension for the Yam pipe? Inlet inside-diameter, then pipe diameter and lengths, and the location of any step-ups in size. I'd like to see how well it matches the profile generated to match my engine. Other wise I might have to get a custom header made, but this one looks sooooo tasty! :)
MIne just shipped today, will post..

Total weight: 4.5 lbs. (Muffler 2lbs., header 1.7lbs., bolts,brackets 0.8 lbs)
Header Thickness: 1 mm
Header Length: 970 mm
Muffler Length: 300 mm
Header Gasket: I.D. 26mm

The header has a total of 8 sections, 2 of which are U-shaped. I'll start from engine header neck to the muffler. Values are in millimeters.

Section, O.D., I.D., Length

1, 28, 25, 35
2. 32, x, 315
3, 35, x, 95
4, 37, x, 135
5, 35, x, 58
6, 43, x, 148
7, 44, x, 133
8, 43, x, 34

Muffler inlet: 43 mm
Muffler outlet: 31 mm

61 - 80 of 115 Posts