Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went back and forth on what tires to order for the Grom so they would be ready to slap on the second she gets here. It was between the Conti Twist Race and these Michelin Pilot Pure SC tires, since I've had a lot of luck with Michelin tires in the past on my street/track bikes I figured I would go that route. Plus with the $$ savings since our Parts Unlimited rep loves and hooks us up on Michelin's I just couldn't turn the deal away.

I'm still looking for a set of slicks to mount on a spare set of wheels but can't find anything large enough to fit our rear. The largest slick I have found is a 120/70-12 so as of now it's a no go but hopefully something will pop up soon so I'll have something for the "race" weekends.

I know it's nothing to get excited about but I'm still excited anyways haha.

Is it August yet?

Tire Synthetic rubber Automotive tire Tread Auto part

·
Registered
230 Posts
I went back and forth on what tires to order for the Grom so they would be ready to slap on the second she gets here. It was between the Conti Twist Race and these Michelin Pilot Pure SC tires, since I've had a lot of luck with Michelin tires in the past on my street/track bikes I figured I would go that route. Plus with the $$ savings since our Parts Unlimited rep loves and hooks us up on Michelin's I just couldn't turn the deal away.

I'm still looking for a set of slicks to mount on a spare set of wheels but can't find anything large enough to fit our rear. The largest slick I have found is a 120/70-12 so as of now it's a no go but hopefully something will pop up soon so I'll have something for the "race" weekends.

I know it's nothing to get excited about but I'm still excited anyways haha.

Is it August yet?

View attachment 175
Hey Kev, thanks for the write-up! Any particular reason you didn't go with the Pirelli Diablos? Just out of curiosity. :)

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Kev, thanks for the write-up! Any particular reason you didn't go with the Pirelli Diablos? Just out of curiosity. :)
No problem, once I actually get to test them out I'll post up a detailed review on how well they hold up to being ridden on the ragged edge and normal street riding too.

I've never been a huge fan of Pirelli's on big bikes so that had a lot to do with my decision. I've ran different Pirelli's over the years back to back with Dunlop's / Michelin's "sport/track day/race" tires and I just didn't care for how they hold a line nor with how they slide. To me it was just grip grip grip BAM you're in trouble haha where on Michelin's and Dunlop's that I've used their slide is very predictable and once you put it on a line, it holds it.

Also Pirelli mentions they used some of their "sport touring" technology in the compound. I personally want the sticky icky and won't be touring on it really but I would almost bet money the Michelin Pure with its dual compound will do just as well when it comes to getting good mileage out of the center.

I could go on and on but I won't bore you guys haha. Personally, I wouldn't run the Pirelli Diablo's if you gave them to me. Not downing the product as I haven't ran their scooter version of it.

Damn Froggie, you are on the ball. Need to get the Grom before I even think about tires :)

Haha I want to start my hooligan'ism the second I get it and don't want the factory tires to be the cause of me throwing it down the road the first few turns I try to play "Valentino Rossi" on my lil Grom lol.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Thanks for the write up and your opinions on the different tires. Some much needed info so I can make an educated decision on tires.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I love those tires. I put a set on a buddies Z125 and it stuck like glue around corners. I have a set myself already waiting for my Grom.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Nice! Thanks for sharing... I think it's exciting! This forum is like therapy, helping me get through to August so please keep on posting.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Like what highsider said ... go to Motorcycle Gear, Parts and Accessories at Motorcycle Superstore and throw em in your cart ... 46.99 front and 50.99 rear POW POW

I completely agree with Froggie ... Pirelli's came on my Aprilia and they came off before 200 miles on the tire ... I'll never own another pair, on anything I ride. I'll be sticking with my Michelin 2ct and Power Pure's for sure

·
Registered
357 Posts
there ok in the dry but even if an ant took a piss on the rd your riding on, be prepared to be wearing ya man pampers, yes, they are that shit! if ya live in the desert or cali ya ok I reckon.

·
Registered
143 Posts
My tires arrived yesterday... the other half doesn't know what to make of the fact I have a pile of parts stacking up, for a bike I don't even have, yet.

Reactions: rkwfxd

·
Registered
325 Posts
Im personally going with a 120/140 and maybe eventually a 110 up front

Yeah I'm tossing around the idea of 110 and 140 wish there were some easy to find pics of said como on teh interwebz

1 - 20 of 27 Posts