Honda Grom banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to collect parts for my 2015 BBK build. It’s between a 170 4V, and a 181 4V. ??

Looking to do a Akra silencer with a Ti high style header with Bun.

What do you have ??

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
772 Posts
I'd probably recommend staying away from any system that is designed for stock displacement (Akra included).

The header diameter is simply insufficient for the volume of exhaust gases coming from a BBK.

181 4V from Drow has blown up on one person's bike I know, and piston/cylinder is backordered. So parts availability so far isn't stellar.

If you want a high mount, Hindle can make it happen. All you have to do is choose a muffler style.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Honestly you should be on the look out for a big piping dinger built. Quality is unmatched and I know hes made high mounts. Or you could wait until hes taking custom orders and have him make you exactly what you want. Absolutely agree with opus about getting larger piping because the stock style pipes arent big enough.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^ for sure need and want the larger diameter header.
Contacted Dinger..... not taking any orders right now. Really like for him to make a bad arse Coned Ti header!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a carbon hi-mount Akra full ti system with O2 bung welded in. I had it on my 2014 Grom. I will let go for $300 including shipping to lower 48.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts