Honda Grom banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

So hears the deal, im trying to make my grom breathe better in the higher RPMS... i currently have a kitaco type 1 cam. Looking to see if anyone has a more aggressive cam they want to get rid of. If show post up or shoot me an offer.

~Nd4

·
Registered
40 Posts
I will be taking the finbro cam out of my 183cc but I am not sure but it may have to much lift. Do you have the stock piston. Or bbk?

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
if youre feelin' real squirelly, I have my old stock head and yuminashi cam, valves n high tension springs. this has the longer valves in it,(lift was 7.1? mm) it breathed really well. head and cam 180 shipped conus. basically the only part of the kit that didn't suck balls.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would sell you a Kitaco Type 2 cam from my stock head for $40 shipped. Roughly 2k miles on it. I have been running 170 4v for awhile now.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would sell you a Kitaco Type 2 cam from my stock head for $40 shipped. Roughly 2k miles on it. I have been running 170 4v for awhile now.

check your PM.

So far the type 2 is on the list, But i gotta think about it, i might want slightly more agressive than that. Like i told gdublug a day or so to see what others have. I also want to find specs on the type 2 vs type 1 to see what the differences are. But kitaco does make a good product.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Kitaco cam specs are on the webike pages (id find and post, but at work), as well as some dyno charts (I think its on the type 1 listing, but for both).

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Kitaco cam specs are on the webike pages (id find and post, but at work), as well as some dyno charts (I think its on the type 1 listing, but for both).
I've never been able to find the specs on the type 2. Even tried the Japanese site run through Google translate. Would love to see them if someone finds them.

·
Registered
138 Posts
From webike:

Type 2:

Valve Timing Angle (When using STD Cylinder Head)
IN Valve: OPEN 8-degrees BTDC/CLOSE 46-degrees ABDC
EX Valve: OPEN 40-degrees BBDC

Type 1:

Valve Timing Angle (when using STD Cylinder Head)
IN Valve: OPEN 7-degrees BTDC/CLOSE 36-degrees ABDC
EX Valve: OPEN 37-degrees BBDC/CLOSE 9-degrees ATDC

Emphasize valued at medium revs Power surge type1, Type2 is at a high rpm Power surge

Link to info and dyno chart comparing the two cams:
http://japan.webike.net/products/21694533.html

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Type 2 cam specs are

Intake Duration is 234.00 degrees.
Exhaust Duration is 232.00 degrees

1mm more lift over stock

Type 1 cam specs

Intake Duration is 223.00 degrees.
Exhaust Duration is 226.00 degrees

1mm more lift over stock

Makes sense why the type 2 is more of a high end cam, decent amount of overlap for extra scavenging etc.... hmmmmmm decisions decisions.

I might take the poster above up on his offer here.

Though yosh cam specs are even bigger! haha.

·
Registered
124 Posts
So...what are you doing with your old type 1? I'm interested.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts