Honda Grom banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, due to circumstances mostly beyond my control, I wrecked my Grom into the back of a car. I'm fine other than a small cut on my hand and sore knees and thighs. I only had my Grom about 3 and a half months, but it has 6,800 miles on it. I rode it everywhere.

Mods: Chimera K&N intake, Hi-rise dirt bike bars, aftermarket levers, grips, bar ends, LED turn signals, integrated LED tail light, Kenda tires, -1 front sprocket, renthal chain.

In the wreck, the front tire got pushed back into the engine. From what I a reading, this is going to lead to the bike being totaled, since the frame necks are bending. Other than the tire, I broke the speedometer housing, the headlight and housing, the boomerangs, right fairing, bent the bars, and bent my key. I can't tell for sure if the forks are bent or not. I didn't try to start it, but it still has power and the fuel pump still primes.

Is it going to be worth it to buy it back and fix it, or should I let insurance take it?
How much would I be looking at in parts to repair it if I did buy it back?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I might suggest getting the goods off of it and adding it to a less mileage Grom.

From what you say, I would believe its totalled.

If they do take it, cut the fuse holders out of it and send them to me. Paypal ready
:devilish:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The frame is definitely bent under the gas tank. They're gonna total it.

It sounds like insurance is going to pay me out for the mods and gear, so there's that.

I am going to see what they want to buy it back, and if it's not terrible I will fix it over the winter. Looking at parts, it should be around $500 to fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts