Honda Grom banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I can rule that out now and focus on finding a flat seat that will fit. Does anyone know of one I can buy or is it better to have my stock seat redone? 16-20 the same base?

·
Registered
2014 Red Grom
163 Posts
Thank you! I can rule that out now and focus on finding a flat seat that will fit. Does anyone know of one I can buy or is it better to have my stock seat redone? 16-20 the same base?
There are quite a few flat seats for the 2nd gens. Just search "flat seat 2020 grom" on google for a start. I have the first gen so mine came with a flat seat standard oem and I put an Airhawk clone seat pad on it and I haven't had iron butt since.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought a flat seat off ebay $130. It was complete and came from Bangkok, Thailand. The seat base on it was identical to the stock seat base minus the hooks. It went right on and was not loose or floppy and the foam doesnt feel too soft first impression and I really like that I can sit back in a normal for me placement where I don't feel cramped and I think it looks good.

Since the Grom is made in Thailand I was okay with sourcing a seat from there. I figured the rules there are different than here in the USA and that a company might have a source at the factory for OEM seat pans, then just build up the seat on that. It appears to be a quality seat.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts