Honda Grom banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Think some people on here just have reformed the plastic or cut it to fit. As far as I know there isn't one that's going to go right up without some sort of change to the cowl itself.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
hard to say how well the tyga undercowl will fit. from the two that i've used, there was quite a difference on what had to be reshaped.

here's a side by side with an intact (carbon fiber) and reshaped (white) cowls. you can get a general idea of how much was removed. btw, the lines on the white cowl look wavy due to the varying thickness on the material.

after installing the case on our grom with the carbon fiber cowl, it required much less reshaping. the area inside the red box is all that was reshaped.

forgot to take progression pics, but the red area depicts the amount of material that was removed.

as mentioned in another post, the variations are most likely due to the cowls being hand made. for those with this tyga cowl, use this only as a guide as it may be different for you.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Thanks for the post. I'm assuming you used a small cutting wheel on a dremmel? I love to dremmel!!! ^_^
correct but with a sanding barrel. more aggressive grit to remove bulk material then drop to a fine grit for final shaping.

Another thing to note will be mounting the oil cooler lines. A couple more weeks and I'll install mine...still breaking in the BBK.
nice! additional reshaping will be needed. let us know how it works for you. still have plans for a cooler/bbk down the road.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thanks for the info, was wondering how this would play out. I'll have to remember this when it comes time for my cover!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts