Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had a choice between the Takegawa 181cc Hyper S-Stage with FI CON 2 or Yuminashi 164 ultimate w/ new version standalone ecu which would it be? I ordered a yuminashi but I'm having seconds thoughts. Anyone have any experience w/ the new ecu w/ datalogger? Can you use The WBC2 from hard racing w/ the yuminashi ecu? I'm interested in hearing other people opinions and experiences. I haven't been able to find any reviews on the new yuminashi ecu and how user friendly it's is, as I don't have any experience in tuning.

·
Registered
8,394 Posts
What I would have done was go on all the different Grom website and read everything about BBK and upgrades and stuff to get a better understanding what works for the amount of money I will be spending and can afford.

Read up, see what works and you can work on yourself and than figure out your spending budget, than buy.

As for me since we are the first group to get our groms and doing R n D research and such I posted a lot of good info and so has a few other other members that should direct you in the proper and right direction. Most of my testing and R n D was money I spent and wasted. Most of my testing was done for my friends in Hawaii who do not have the resource and money to do a HIT and MISS buying but they do have the tools and DIY knowledge to make their own stuff. Money saved equals more money for FOOD, DRINKS and CHICKS.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Takegawa is a reputable company with a great track record of product quality

Yuminashi is not a reputable company and they have a terrible track record with not only questionable product quality but even worse customer service

Save yourself the regret and go with Take or even take a look at FinBro.. Easily the most popular bbk available

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
And costliest

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking at these two b/c they both come with a fuel controller which would save me from spending more than what the kit cost on a PCV and wbc2. I have done a lot of reading on the yuminashi, seems like a good kit w/ excellent results for the most part. I just wish there was reviews on the new ecu they use. Customer service is lacking but you'd think they'd have the kinks worked out by now w/ there kit. I would be getting it through a dealer who seems pretty knowledgeable about it and they have descent customer service from what I experienced so far.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Go finbro! You can use the Api TECH fuel controller and it's nowhere the cost of the PVC. Get in touch with the monkeyfather

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Go Take or Finbro... Good quality and customer service. After getting my Grom in '14 and reading the forums about all the $$ some guys spent essentially doing the R&D for yuminashi I decided to wait and get a Take kit. Glad I waited.

·
Registered
125 Posts
183 finbro Call Mike at hardracing he will get u set up and screaming down the road! awesome customer service for an example I have message him on a Saturday night and had an answer when I got up Sunday morning!!! That's badass !!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Go with finbro and his ecm. Save you lots of money and time to fine tune the map.
How much is that whole setup? I don't do Facebook, and I don't care to.

That's prob the route is go over my Take' 181 w FI CON2, even though that's only $425

·
Registered
100 Posts
Take181 is like 14hp or so, so it's cheaper for sure. I would compare Take4v with finbro. For the price I think you can find lots of info on this forum.

·
Vendor
4,010 Posts
If you think Yumi is okay to go with, you haven't read enough.. Your money though, you've been warned.. just don't he surprised when your piston fails and it takes months to hear from them via email only

After everything that has been posted on the forums and websites, and FB................ it's amazing any dealer would want to sell Yuminashi.

Guess, some companies will sell anything to make a buck regardless.

·
Registered
311 Posts
i do not know where all the people, who do not have a yumianshi kit, know that its shit.
1 piston broke at 1 person, and we all do not know why. what else ? I have not heard of any other issue.
cisco told us of 2 broken Finbros, and i am sure, there are more broken ones out than 2, if a single person already knows 2.

i have a yuminashi since about a year and about 3000 km and it still runs strong without any issue. ok, support direct from thailand is not ok, but who cares when you live in "the outback" ?
if someone can help himself a little, the yuminashi kit is the most valuable one.

PS: Hardraciong you know, i like your posts and most of the time agree with you. but, a seller of a product should not bash on another product. this does not make a good picture.

·
Vendor
4,010 Posts

Hobby,

Please read our post again.
No where do we say.. "Yuminashi is shit, or bash them... "

We are strictly speaking from a dealers point of view only.

And that's what our post was.

From a dealers point of view, when you carry a product you have to decide....

1) Do we have faith in this product
2) Do we feel confident enough to stand behind this product.?
3) Would we put this on our own bikes ?
4) Does the product have a good track record.?

5) Does the manufacturer have my back, if something goes wrong.? In other words, good tech support and warranty, and stand behind their product.

Yes Some companies.......... don't care if the any of those answers are NO.

They will sell anything to make a buck. And that's their decision to make.

But, We don't think like that.

If we answer NO to any of those questions............ we won't sell it. No matter how much money can be made.

It's just not worth it. And it's more important to have happy customers, in the long run.

That's why we don't carry Yuminashi.

Honestly....Captain...... in the beginning, last year...... we were all setup to carry Yuminashi.
We actually had a $10,000 order ready for them.
Then all of a sudden we started reading all the posts of customer problem.
Then all of a sudden we started seeing Yuminashi's method of taking care of their customers, many of which were publicly blamed or even worse bashed by Reggie, or totally ignored.
Then we saw their biggest Fan (Snakeibf) go from campaigning for them, doing hundreds of hours of R&D for them...... to getting blow off by them, when he had an issue. Their Biggest Cheerleader, and they do that to Snake ?

Then while all this was happening..... we had a local Honda dealer, who we are very good friends with...... place an order with Yuminashi sent them $7,000 wire transfer, and never heard from them again or got their shipment.

As for Cisco's Comments........... Those BBK he's referring to are not ones we sold...... As you know... All our 183cc BBK include our Custom JE Forged Alum. Pistons. Never had any issues with ours pistons.
That's why we spent all that time and R&D making this custom JE Forged Piston. So it would be bullet proof. Because we didn't want any of our customers having any issues with Failed pistons.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Yuminashi announced a 180 something cc bore kit, then pulled them with the statement that 180cc would not be possible because their testers kept breaking rods... Take and Finbro have been successful with making 180cc kits that hold together with engines assembled for the most part by first time do-it-yourselfers.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yuminashi announced a 180 something cc bore kit, then pulled them with the statement that 180cc would not be possible because their testers kept breaking rods... Take and Finbro have been successful with making 180cc kits that hold together with engines assembled for the most part by first time do-it-yourselfers.

time will show - you know, truth is a daughter of time

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Take a look at Hobbycaptains thread and see for yourself the stunning customer support he received after how many months of waiting??

If you were on Facebook id ask you to pm Monkey Father and I'd bet you anything you would have a response within 24hrs OR go through their biggest US distributor (afaik) HardRacing and have a middle man that's a phone call away

1 - 20 of 30 Posts