Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Other than your helmet, what spots and angles have been tried out with the Grom? I was thinking swing arm on the left side but I feel the monstrosity of a peg will be majorly in the way.

Lets hear it!

Everyone be safe out there today!

Sent from the refrigerator using HondaGrom.net mobile app.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might just rock the chest mount until I figure something else out..

·
Registered
677 Posts
I like the helmet mount. Chesty works... But I don't like wearing it. Lol

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Neither do I haha. Might throw a mount on my AGV too. Just dont know where as I ride visor up a lot!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I feel like its a damn bra or something. "Omg gaise, are my straps showing!?!"

Reactions: jmzd4

·
Registered
294 Posts
I posted this vid somewhere else, but here is a few different spots for the GoPro mounted on my MSX when i went on the 2FunkySocks ride... Including the swingarm view... :)

·
Registered
942 Posts
I like that broom stick goin across the rack, I tried with my pole zip tied to the left side. Not to bad at slower speeds but at top speed it get really shakey, even with a gp3 black. An it was about 8in sticking out the sprocket side.

I want to try a pole sticking straight back. Or jus wait till one of my frens get there's an stick my cam on their handle bars.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a mount on the top of my helmet. I raised the visor and put my tab a hair above where the visor rests when up. I also have a tab on the side of my helmet. Thats probably my favorite shot recently. Chest straps work I think its cool to see your arms and all that jazz. Gives a better sense of speed but yeah wearing the chesty feels a little wierd. Next I would like to build a mount for my back back to get a 3rd person view.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dope. I need to find some roads like that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Old thread but I just started playing around with a gopro and the Grom. I have a shock mount system from fotodiox. It fits securely to a front fork leg; the problem is that then you hit a bump, the forks compress so much that the mount bangs against the top of the fender. I love the viewpoint from there but need some stiffer springs or lose some weight :)

Camera accessory Bicycle part Cameras & optics

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I had a top mount on my helmet- above 60mph the wind resistance pulling head back is annoying. I just got a chesty mount, I'll be giving it a try soon.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I first had the mount on top of my helmet, but you could not really see the bars, speedo, or anything that was going on, it was just like the camera was floating in space, VERY BORING....

I mounted it to the chin bar on my helmet, and it is PERFECT, the views are awesome, it works on all my bikes, and does not get in the way at all. I totally forget its there until I get off the bike...

Mike

·
Registered
69 Posts
I usually use chesty.

Because you can see street and gauge.

But the position for gopro that i love more is:

"Eiiffel Cam" :big smile:

Because in the video there are the pilot as a protagonist.
Its' like a drone that follow you.

I haven't video on grom.
But we will make as soon as possible. Room Vehicle Vehicle Scooter Motorized scooter Tripod Camera accessory Photography Vehicle Vehicle Wheel

1 - 20 of 24 Posts