Honda Grom banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The GROM is a new machine for Honda. When Honda introduces a new model how long till they begin selling parts for it? I want to buy a Honda rear shock ahead of time so I can get it modified to suit me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
530 Posts
sell it on ebay listed as "PERFORMANCE BEST SHOCK" and put a buy it now for $159.99 and people will buy lol

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Better yet, use it at the track for a single race and then advertise it as a used US Spec Racing Shock - Excellent Condition - $699. :wink: Probably have even better luck selling it on E-Bay if I misspell some words.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you plan to modify it?

Sending it to Cogent Dynamics. They are going to evaluate it and either modify it or build one to suit me.

Comments?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yess.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Thanks. Well please keep us posted down the line on what they are able to do for you.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Good point. CTR suspension has done good work for me in the past. My forks may go to him if I can't do the work. If I don't mind the soft forks I'll ride the shizzle outa my grom

Im waiting in a shock with ride height adjustment.

Mostly I'm just waiting for the darn thing to get here. I can plan a bunch but what do I really know till I ride it. I mean I may think the suspension is fine but must have a big bore kit. How the hell do I know.

Im tired of waiting.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good point. CTR suspension has done good work for me in the past. My forks may go to him if I can't do the work. If I don't mind the soft forks I'll ride the shizzle outa my grom

Im waiting in a shock with ride height adjustment.

Mostly I'm just waiting for the darn thing to get here. I can plan a bunch but what do I really know till I ride it. I mean I may think the suspension is fine but must have a big bore kit. How the hell do I know.

Im tired of waiting.
Jon Tyus (CTR Suspension) tuned my suspension when I raced WERA/CCS. Awesome guy and consider him a good friend. I use Dave at FBI for the Mini stuff and Supermoto. Dave is a factory mechanic from AMA also. Both are awesome. I just live closer to Dave and hang out with him more often. Won't go wrong with either of them. The biggest thing that impress me about both of them...... they are raising daughters, and doing a good job of it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts