1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
well its the same bike

BUT

Grom: MSRP USD $3200
MSX125: MSRP USD $2000

thats the only difference is they change the name and increase the price, dont fool yourself thinking the grom is worth the MSRP when they sell it for way cheaper everywhere else

·
Registered
474 Posts
didnt composimo import one over and its registered in the states?

import fees are kinda hit and miss, i own a imported 1964 grey market mercedes benz unimog, it got refereed and since the truck aint in any us database its registration fees are paid out by weight.

i dont remember the main cost to import, but i do remember the biggest headache was trying to get it refereed $/appointment etc after it got to the states

·
Registered
69 Posts
Same but there are few cosmetic differences from memory Front light on MSX 125 is projector style plus mini Toolkit is included under seat. Grom has red reflectors on rear license holder. Anything I have missed ?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Same but there are few cosmetic differences from memory Front light on MSX 125 is projector style plus mini Toolkit is included under seat. Grom has red reflectors on rear license holder. Anything I have missed ?
yep.. also the turn signals were different.. speedo was in kilometers.. im sure Composimo could chime in with anything else.. he imported one way before USA release.. i rode it once and it was awesome.. made ordering one very easy lol..

·
Registered
153 Posts
well its the same bike

BUT

Grom: MSRP USD $3200
MSX125: MSRP USD $2000

thats the only difference is they change the name and increase the price, dont fool yourself thinking the grom is worth the MSRP when they sell it for way cheaper everywhere else

I think every single post I have ever read from you complains about the 'MSRP' or something else about the bike's price or value - do you even own a Grom? Were you forced against your will to buy it maybe? Is that why you carry so much resentment?

Do you think a bike built in and for a Thailand market, that is imported to the USA should and would carry the same MSRP in US dollars as in Thailand? The perceived cost difference you constantly complain of is the cost of getting this Thia bike here for us and is very noticeable on the bottom line of something as inexpensive as a Grom. And we enjoy a very favorable tariff schedule in the US from Thialand...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I def can't complain about the Grom price differential of here vs. other countries. Apparently there's some countries that pay double (or more) of what we pay for certain motorcycles.

Sent from my iPhone using HondaGrom.net

·
Registered
148 Posts
The cost comes from shipping it here, adding emmisions devices and certifying with Fed, Cali, and DOT standards. Creating marketing, parts support, training.

And the biggest of them all DEMAND and supply. I'm just glad were getting it.

Economics bro.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just for reference. I live in Sweden and we have the European MSX here (some small differences from the Thai version) and we pay 4550$ for it. ?

Sent from my iPhone using HondaGrom.net

·
Registered
77 Posts
I paid 78,000 Thai baht which is roughly $2,350 which is on the road price and includes insurance which is not bad.

·
Registered
294 Posts
we pay about 4500$ £2700here in the UK for the msx ! wish we could of got it for $3200 would of had more money for mods!:smile:

·
Registered
77 Posts
we pay about 4500$ £2700here in the UK for the msx ! wish we could of got it for $3200 would of had more money for mods!:smile:
Im from Norfolk UK and yes u have a point when it come to paying for for stuff there..... One of the many perks for living in Thailand

·
Registered
158 Posts
I paid 78,000 Thai baht which is roughly $2,350 which is on the road price and includes insurance which is not bad.
First time I have seen anything about Pattaya, Thailand since I deployed there with the US Marines as part of Operation Cobra Gold in 1992. We worked at an air strip about 1/2 hour drive away. I'll always remember the open air kickboxing rings scattered around the town. 3 weeks in the Summer and it was HOT!!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts