Honda Grom banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am installing a takegawa cover next week. Its a $35 base difference before you add the addons, takegawa having more options than kitaco. I will let you know how i feel about it.

·
Registered
726 Posts
If you're thinking about more power in the future, I would look into an aRacer Mini5 Ecu and the AF1 autotune module. It's expensive, but it'll be able to tune any additional mods you do in the future. It would also probably make your current setup run smoother.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
If you're thinking about more power in the future, I would look into an aRacer Mini5 Ecu and the AF1 autotune module. It's expensive, but it'll be able to tune any additional mods you do in the future. It would also probably make your current setup run smoother.
Eventually that's the plan, its snowing again right now here in upstate so I'm in no hurry, I'd like to get a new clutch cover before I end up doing another oil change.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Takegawa cover is badass with stock size front, different brand sprocket and rear 37 i believe i gotta double check. 60 uphill in 4th @7000-ish rpm. Without trying to get there. Just went 40 threw it in 4th and held WOT uphill, maybe 20 degree hill or so. Chimera intake, pcv5/wb2. Yoshi exhaust

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Takegawa cover is badass with stock size front, different brand sprocket and rear 37 i believe i gotta double check. 60 uphill in 4th @7000-ish rpm. Without trying to get there. Just went 40 threw it in 4th and held WOT uphill, maybe 20 degree hill or so. Chimera intake, pcv5/wb2. Yoshi exhaust
Nice. I've been considering dropping to a 16t up front to get a bit if acceleration back. But being able to cruise at 60mph at 6k rpms is so nice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ive always kept all my bikes r3,r6,r1,yz450,ktm250. I like 7-7500 rpm. I always shift before 8k unless im getting on it. But im a true believer of preventative maintenance. Never blown a motor (that wasnt on purpose) also im a very firm believer of staying off ur rev limiter. Shifting high etc is fine, but allowing the computer to stop ur smooth rpm acceleration for some reason has never made much sense to me. I understand a fail safe, i understand being in control of the vehicle a lot more tho. I kept stock sprocket up front, went to PBI brand. Went to a 37 rear, and im 200+ LBS doing 60 uphill. Thats in my work gear steel toes etc. no tuck, just full throttle

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Ive always kept all my bikes r3,r6,r1,yz450,ktm250. I like 7-7500 rpm. I always shift before 8k unless im getting on it. But im a true believer of preventative maintenance. Never blown a motor (that wasnt on purpose) also im a very firm believer of staying off ur rev limiter. Shifting high etc is fine, but allowing the computer to stop ur smooth rpm acceleration for some reason has never made much sense to me. I understand a fail safe, i understand being in control of the vehicle a lot more tho. I kept stock sprocket up front, went to PBI brand. Went to a 37 rear, and im 200+ LBS doing 60 uphill. Thats in my work gear steel toes etc. no tuck, just full throttle
My bike also pulls uphill at 60 so far into the breaking, I haven't actually gone WOT so I'm still excited for power/pull. I'm also a big guy lol 240 before gear

·
Registered
33 Posts
Right on, i got 50mph max streets here, so 60+ was the goal for this one, just a stock internal motor, with bolt-ons. I dont baby my throttle at all, im a full tilt rider the whole time so its perfect for me as 60-70 wont get me in to much trouble. Last time i got on my r1 i checked top speed... not super into it anymore. I loved going 150+ as a kid, now its just boring because im not a professional racer, and its not any different to me than leaning halfway off the grom tryna bend a 35mph horseshoe.. other than my insurance and repairs cost 5x as much. But it aint 5x the fun...

41 - 49 of 49 Posts