Honda Grom banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Premium or Regular gasoline? And what is your favorite brand and why? Shell, BP, Texaco, Chevron? Bel-Ray? Castrol? Mobil 1? Hondaline?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw the UK service manual...but I guess the USA one will be different when it comes to maintenance and service.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Regular unleaded, hard break-in new filter and Rotella T6 at 50 miles and and new filter and oil change at 200 miles, then at intervals suggested by the manual....probably 3500 miles.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I saw the UK service manual...but I guess the USA one will be different when it comes to maintenance and service.
Dude post the link if you have it. I doubt it will be much different than the US one. As long as it is written in English I can convert any measurements.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Most likely Mobil-1 after the break in period and whatever non-ethanol gas I can find.
I have never been a syn oil fan - I just figured I would be changing it a 2500-3000 anyway because it gets dirty so why pay more for oil that can go 5,000 mi. BUT! I have seen a number of tests in which swapping from reg oil to syn oil in a car (engine, transmission, diff) and no other changes gained 5-7 hp. I am thinking with the small engine in the Grom I might run syn just to get that extra .5 hp.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I've always ran mobil 1 in my truck and I honestly don't know if there is any difference but I am a creature of habit lol. I put it in my Ruck but I change the oil in that every 1k miles so I doubt I am getting any real benefit but it couldn't hurt lol.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dude post the link if you have it. I doubt it will be much different than the US one. As long as it is written in English I can convert any measurements.
Actually I made a mistake..it's the owner's manual not service..do you still want it?

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have always changed over my bike to run on syn. it has always helped with shifting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts