Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to generate some cash for my grom and am debating either my new cb500f or my ktm 525 enduro. Not sure on which one to sell. I could sell the ktm and have cash in hand to pay off the grom and still have some left over to pay off my cb500f. Or sell my cb500f, but that would only get rid of bike and insurance payments. I really love my new cb500f, it's almost like it too perfect. Great on gas, comfortable, long distance cruiser, simple, easy, perfect. On the other hand, the ktm is a beast of a bike and a blast to ride but only for so long till my ass start to hurt. Also the ktm need some new plastics and little thing to be to my liking.

What are your guys thought on this?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Personaly I would sell the KTM, I'm not really into the offroading so for me it would be an easy choice.. on top of that you have a nice new honda who wants a little brother to sleep with I think :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm starting to lean towards the idea of selling the ktm more. It is a fun bike, but very impractical and the most likely one to get me in trouble. Once I get my own place I think I'll pick up a ktm to sumo again.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure still. I have rims coming in for the ktm to make it a sumo. Im hoping that will help it sell.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
The minimum number of motorcycles is two but the PROPER number is always one more than you currently have.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'd sell whichever one you use least. Dirtbikes are and will continue to be a dime a dozen and to have fun off road, you don't need THAT dirtbike, any one will do. It's most likely that if you don't use it that much now you will use it even less once you get the Grom.

But don't listen to me I have about 20 bikes, $125k in other crap that I don't need, and a Grom

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The ktm is a money pit , but being plated for the street is the main reason i dont want to sell it. it is really hard to plate a dirtbike in hawaii now.

·
Registered
674 Posts
The ktm is a money pit , but being plated for the street is the main reason i dont want to sell it. it is really hard to plate a dirtbike in hawaii now.
that's another reason i can understand why you wanne keep it, but what nefarious said will probably be a fact..! you'll love it :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts