Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i already know I want some super sticky rubber but I have never owned a bike with 12" wheels. I have no idea what would be a good set of tires. My dealer said he will spoon them on for me before I take delivery. I just don't know what do order.

Suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think most people were saying Michelin pilot pure sc as they are the only duo compound tire they make for scooter tire sizes. I'm curious about the pirellis the Thai guys are using but have yet to find any info on them yet....hope that helps

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Good question! I was wondering the same thing. I live where the weather channel says there is 0% chance of rain and the next minute it is pouring rain. I need good wet/dry tires.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had bad experiences with dual compound tires so. :serious:

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I had trouble deciding between the Michelin Pure SC's or the Conti Twist Race. Had a ton of luck with the Pure's and other Michelin's on my big bike so I ordered a set of the Pure's.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Now you just need an extra set of wheels with slicks
Funny you mention that, that's my plan haha.

If wheels are as cheap for these as they are the CBR250R's (my cost a little under $100/each) then I am going to have a backup set with the sticky icky for "race days" haha.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bookmarked those too. I may order up a set and have my dealer install them before I ever take delivery.

·
Registered
942 Posts
anyone know where to get any dual sport or dirt tires. eventually i would like to have an extra set of wheel with dirt tires on them to do some trails and off roading.... the grom should have enough travel and ground clearance to offroad right? ah shouldn't matter i use to take my xr50 up on the trails anyway.... lol.... makes begginer-intermediate trails way more challenging/fun.... ;)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts