Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The age thread got me wondering about rider size, because I think I am bigger than most grom riders. I am 6' and 235 lbs. Outside of power and suspension, which can be helped, I have not run into any significant issues. Interested to hear what size other grom riders are and any issues/fixes they have. Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Im 6ft 4 about 225 don't really have any real issue other than trying to slide up the seat to lay it into a fast turn.other than that the bike is very comfy to ride.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I'm 245lbs and 5'11". I loved the bike except the suspension. I hated stock shock and forks. Ohlins made a world of difference for a reasonable price. The other thing I liked was rear sets. I didn't think it needed them but as soon as I got a set of driven rear sets I knew I wouldn't go back to stock.

·
Banned
489 Posts
5' 11" and fluctuate around 260, lack of power and a suspension that bottoms too easily. Deposit on the MNNTHBX/CARD suspension. Just bought the 2nd Akrapovic Titanium/Carbon Fiber full exhaust in less than a month for my 2nd Grom which should be running next week in time for a trip to Waco and hopefully the following week for Down N' Dirty 7: San Antonio, Oct. 23rd-25th (https://www.facebook.com/events/1403683669959944/).

Now if a real set & forget tuner just became a option for the Grom. Messing with maps is no fun... I can wait. Let the FinBro 235 get through any teething pains... ;)

Reactions: Rodzknight

·
Registered
62 Posts
6'2" 230lbs

No big issues with suspension. I've even jumped the little thing. But it has bottomed out a few times when I'm reckless so I would prefer it stiffer.
Biggest problem seems to be my legs. My knees are right at the edge of the front fairing and I can't tuck em in under it. Not sure I can do much about it as I don't want the pegs lower or further back.
But overall I find it comfortable and I have no problem with the seat that many complain about. Not sure what if anything they have been riding before. But everyone is made different so what works for one might cause problems for someone else.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Just bought the 2nd Akrapovic Titanium/Carbon Fiber full exhaust in less than a month for my 2nd Grom which should be running next week"

im guessing you like the akrapovic a lot. I am trying to justify the cost. I've installed them on m3's at work. Love the quality and weight. Is it pretty quiet compared to yosh or 2 bros? Also, can you tell if it is higher or lower than stock exhaust underneath? I need ground clearance.

·
Registered
334 Posts
5,7 and 190lbs, no real problems because of my size or weight.

The bike needs more power, a bit more brakes, but other than that perfect little bike to ride and have fun.
That said, it needs power. Funny thing, I dont feel bad spending on the little thing, I know it will be in my family for gens to come.
I just have to get me a larger bike for longer runs and highways. Nothing crazy maybe a CBR500R

·
Banned
489 Posts
"Just bought the 2nd Akrapovic Titanium/Carbon Fiber full exhaust in less than a month for my 2nd Grom which should be running next week"

im guessing you like the akrapovic a lot. I am trying to justify the cost. I've installed them on m3's at work. Love the quality and weight. Is it pretty quiet compared to yosh or 2 bros? Also, can you tell if it is higher or lower than stock exhaust underneath? I need ground clearance.
I looked for a low mount, even emailed Austin Racing in the UK about a Inconel based setup. No joy. For the Akrapovic quietness depends on with or without the baffle. I think one of our other Grommers here in Austin has the 2 Bros and without I'm deeper & louder. With, I'm as quiet as he and it's perfectly suitable for late night rides through the neighborhood. I have no idea if he's running his baffle. With a helmet on I find it eerily quieter though even without the baffle. As far as ground clearance I think it's same as stock. There's really nothing most can do with the exhaust port and the bend required to get it heading back. Start bending them any sharper and I think it's a cracked flange in no time.

·
Registered
110 Posts
6'2.5" 330lbs

I love the bike but if I had to complain;
power of course, but I bought a mnnthbx exhaust and intake which helped a lot,
I have to remember to tuck in my feet when laying into a turn, it could be the 14s I wear or I'm just not used to leaning.
I take up the whole seat, and weight capacity, so no passengers
I bottom out the fork a lot
The front end dives whenever I brake or let off the throttle

I won't get started on trying to find helmets or jackets that fit
I still love the little thing though, need more parts from mnnhbx

·
Registered
16 Posts
5'6 and 126 pounds. I wish my Grom was a little taller in the seat. One of the nice members told me that when I add my Corbin (intransit) seat, it will add an inch or so to the height. Can't wait for that new seat! After that, my next accessorie will be the Promotobillett Aluminum tail rack. Does anyone know if this rack will thread up with my yoshi fender eliminator?

·
Registered
17 Posts
4'10" here. And a whoppin' 87 pounds.
Bike feels tall for me, but can't speak to it too much, still in the midst of modding before I ride.

·
Banned
489 Posts
I'm 6' 3" with a lowered grom, no problems other than folks asking me if I'm seriously riding that little bike 
Pretty sure a lot of the Ruckus folks get similar comments. Meanwhile they have more SPH (Smiles Per Hour) than anyone else. What does it matter who the @*$k cares as long as you are having fun?!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm 5'2" and about 120 lbs. My Grom is the perfect size! The seat could be a little wider (if I sit back, I cannot fully flat foot) and it could have a little more power for highway speeds, but other than that, I have no complaints!

All other bikes are too big! :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts