Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So obviously I am all excited about the Grom. But last night I was thinking about the other new (newish) bikes we are getting. I really like:

Honda Grom 125
Honda CB500F
Honda CB600F (If we get it in the states)
Honda CB1000R

Yamaha FZ-09 (Also called MT-09)

BMW R1200R

As I went through the list in my head, I realized that are all VERY similar in style and design and layout.

I am curious as to what other bikes folks are attracted to. Are most people like me and drawn to similar bikes or do people tend to like a larger variety of bikes?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK a little variety there. Maybe I am not into the Bolt or the 883 because I already have a Dyna.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Big bikes don't tickle my pickle anymore, I loved my husky nuda but bmw sold it and they wont make anymore but there gorgeous and sound great, but, if I had another bigger bike, it would have to be another big scooter, I miss my tmax but not the drone, Honda integra 700 scooter comes close due to the dct gearbox so it sounds like a normal bike changing up n down the gearbox but has no storage, ideally Yamaha will bring out another tmax but with maybe a 750 engine or bigger, make it sporty as before, look great but go like a raped ape!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hm.. basically the same bikes as everyone else:

Honda Grom (obviously)
Honda CB500F
Honda CB600F (If we get it)
Honda CTX700N
Yamaha FZ8
Yamaha Bolt (Hadn't seen that one, but looks pretty cool)
HD Iron 883
HD Forty Eight
HD Night Rod Special
HD V-Rod Muscle
Ducati Diavel
Ducati Monster (Any kind will do LOL)
Ducati Streetfighter 848 (OH YEAH BABY!!!)
MV Agusta Brutale 675 / 800 (*drooling like crazy*)
Aprilia Tuono V4 R APRC
Aprilia Shiver 750
Aprilia Mana 850 (Non-GT version)
KTM 690 Duke / Duke R (2008 - 2011; 2013 is fugly)
KTM 390 Duke
KTM 200 Duke
KTM 125 Duke
KTM 990 Super Duke / Super Duke R

Eh, I think that's enough for now... before I REALLY get carried away! ROFL :crazy:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Aprillia, KTM, 636 and 1000RR have always been favorites. I've had F4I's, 636, Triumph, scooters, and a couple randoms but the most fun I had was on a KSR110. Tiny for flying through urban traffic, and mountain trails alike.

·
Registered
230 Posts
triumph thruxton is another bike I like. Love the stripped down bare essentials bikes.
Ooh yeah, that's a nice bike!

I need to add the Triumph Speed Triple and Street Triple to my list also! :D

I think I've got a "thing" for naked / semi-faired bikes. :big smile: haha

·
Registered
230 Posts
The Kawasaki Ninja 300, and the Z1000 are pretty cool bikes, too. :)

I like the looks of the Ninja 300 a whole lot more than Honda's CBR250R.

On the Suzuki side... I like the SV650 / SFV650, and... the B-King (BWAHAHAHA!). I would definitely kill myself on a B-King. I'd go out with a smile, though! :D lol

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
The Kawasaki Ninja 300, and the Z1000 are pretty cool bikes, too. :)

I like the looks of the Ninja 300 a whole lot more than Honda's CBR250R.

On the Suzuki side... I like the SV650 / SFV650, and... the B-King (BWAHAHAHA!). I would definitely kill myself on a B-King. I'd go out with a smile, though! :D lol
I took a look at the 300 ninja special edition and I love the design. That black and green is really sharp.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Last year I picked up a 2012 Triumph Thruxton and a 2013 Honda CRF250L (pics in signature). Now adding the Grom and maybe a Ninja 300 for the wife, she had a new-gen 250 and liked it and loves the newer 300's, not so much the CBR250's... if we go that route I will have her take a closer look at the new Honda 500's to see if she likes any of them. She said to wait on the Ninja 300 though because we may just get a 2nd Grom next spring once we have spent some time on the first one, time will tell.

I have had 50 some bikes so far but will have these or something like em at some point... KTM 690, Ducati Hypermotard or Ducati Monster, Victory Cross Country. Not sure I will ever have the following but I like em a lot... Honda CB1100, KTM 390 Duke, Yamaha V-Max (if they updated it again) Victory High-Ball, Honda VFR1200F, maybe an electric bike too... I did a demo ride on a Zero S and it was fun for a commuter/city bike.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Slolane, I would love to have a 250L maybe a couple of them.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Last year I picked up a 2012 Triumph Thruxton and a 2013 Honda CRF250L (pics in signature). Now adding the Grom and maybe a Ninja 300 for the wife, she had a new-gen 250 and liked it and loves the newer 300's, not so much the CBR250's... if we go that route I will have her take a closer look at the new Honda 500's to see if she likes any of them. She said to wait on the Ninja 300 though because we may just get a 2nd Grom next spring once we have spent some time on the first one, time will tell.

I have had 50 some bikes so far but will have these or something like em at some point... KTM 690, Ducati Hypermotard or Ducati Monster, Victory Cross Country. Not sure I will ever have the following but I like em a lot... Honda CB1100, KTM 390 Duke, Yamaha V-Max (if they updated it again) Victory High-Ball, Honda VFR1200F, maybe an electric bike too... I did a demo ride on a Zero S and it was fun for a commuter/city bike.
Ooh, yeah, an electric bike! I'd love a Brammo Empulse R. :D

Don't get me started on electric cars, though... I'd KILL for a Tesla Model S! *sigh*

·
Registered
257 Posts
Slolane, I would love to have a 250L maybe a couple of them.
It is a lot of fun. We were planning on possibly 2 but my wife isn't that into the dual sport and my kids don't ride anymore since they drive now. I love it and ride it 95% of the time.

Ooh, yeah, an electric bike! I'd love a Brammo Empulse R. :D

Don't get me started on electric cars, though... I'd KILL for a Tesla Model S! *sigh*
Heck yeah, I like em... "Who killed the electric car"?!?! A guy at my work has that Tesla S, sick car.

The Zero S was pretty cool, if it had twice the range and was half the cost I would buy it today, I just can't justify 15k for it. Riding silent is weird, hard to tell the difference between 30 and 65 with no vibes or engine noise... Kinda creepy, in a cool sort of way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts