Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to use the Grom mainly for commuting back and forth from work. I drive a gas guzzler v8 so potentially I could be saving a lot of money.

I'm still gonna modify and have fun with it on the weekends.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'd like to think it's for the commute but I have a truck and car for that too (excuse to the wife)
MOD CRUISE MOD CRUISE!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Fun in the local canyons

Sent from my DROIDX using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
311 Posts
Back and forth through the canyon and river roads.

I miss the Yamazuki. With that thing you could carry 5 cases and 2 6-packs if beer... at freeway speeds.

Grom ain't going to do that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I may want to track the grom once in a while if they allow it. Maybe after installing a big bore kit?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I own a 2013 Smart fortwo but I usually like riding on 2 wheels wherever I go. I will be putting a givi trunk on the back and will be using this bike for everything, when the weather is nice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
26 Posts
it is time to retire the ysr80 and restore it! I put over 100k miles of pure fun, now its the groms turn to get whip around town

Sent from my SGH-T989D using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
111 Posts
To ride... neighborhood bashing, runs to the office, coffee shop, lunch and whatever reason I can find to play on it.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I plan to take day trips in mine...maybe even a couple hundred miles at a time. We have some fantastic scenic roads in Hill Country Texas. One thing I have noticed is that if you go to Google maps and find a location and select your starting point, then click on bicycle route, you find there are ways to avoid interstates if you want. Call me crazy, but I will also do some interstate riding. That far right lane will work and once you are in and around cities, all traffic has to slow down well under 70 mph anyway. Of course all our interstates also have access roads right next to them, so that works too. 100 mpg sure sounds good to me and I am looking forward to doing maintenance on the little bike and maybe even try to get a little more top end out of it. I won't really use the Grom so much around town since I already have a Vespa 300 and the Zero S which are fantastic city/commuting bikes with built-in storage and no shifting.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts