Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically in the U.S., but feel free to share worldwide experience.

For an '06 DL650, I'm looking at the following in Philadelphia, PA:

BODILY INJURY & PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY$158.00
BI $25,000 EACH PERSON - $50,000 EACH ACCIDENT
PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY - $10,000 EACH ACCIDENT
UNINSURED MOTORIST BODILY INJURY - NONSTACKED$98.00
$25,000 EACH PERSON - $50,000 EACH ACCIDENT
UNDERINSURED MOTORIST BODILY INJURY - NONSTACKED$187.00
$15,000 EACH PERSON - $30,000 EACH ACCIDENT
COMPREHENSIVE $250 DEDUCTIBLE$297.00
INCLUDES DISAPPEARING DEDUCTIBLE
PEDESTRIAN FPB $5,000 PER PERSON$2.00
ACCESSORY COVERAGE $3,000INCL
Premium by Vehicle$742.00

Any idea what a brand new 125 might look like compared to this?

·
Registered
942 Posts
I have all the minimums an theft for my 12' 1krr an liability on my 02' f4i an I pay 100 a month. When I remove the f4i I saved only like 10-20 on the 6month term. So I jus left it, even though I don't ride it, jus to keep the policy open cause I knew I would be getting a second motorcycle, or I was working on making my f4i street legal. But yea, for new policys it will be a bit more cause they don't have any thing to base ur riding history on.

·
Registered
257 Posts
So particular based on your zip, driving record and vehicle.

With elevated full coverage premiums my Ruckus was $90/year and my Vespa GTS300 was $120/year so I'm guessing in the middle there.

Many years ago when I lived 3 miles down the street in another zip my premiums were almost double what they are now.

·
Registered
942 Posts
all you 1xx a year people, how many years have you had your policy? or is it cause my 1k is a supersport an a 12' thats why my monthly is so high? i'm 30 an had my policy for 7yrs.

·
Registered
257 Posts
all you 1xx a year people, how many years have you had your policy? or is it cause my 1k is a supersport an a 12' thats why my monthly is so high? i'm 30 an had my policy for 7yrs.
Had my policy with this company maybe 8 or 9 years now but it's really the bike. I sold my old CBR929 and got a new ZX14 and the policy was less than half because of how they classified the bike...weird but whatever, lol.

I'm 39 btw but my age doesn't seem to matter much.

Also check rates on other local zips around you, my buddy uses his parents address still as his main residence (for 20 years now) because the rates are much lower.

·
Registered
942 Posts
It's the bike and how many actual riding days in your State/county/zip....
age matters too, they really don't like to insure 18-24yr olds, at least that what it felt like. i remember when i first quoted insurance, full coverage for a new gxsr 750 would of been like 10gs a yr. back when i was like 23. well aslo i had never gotton motorcycle insurance before so they had no record of me actually having experience. so which is why i settled for a used bike which i bought with a personal loan so it didn't require full coverage. which was still around 250 a month.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Ouch. And I was complaining about $1300 a year for a new FJ1200 many years ago.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey guys new to the site, got a quote from state farm, have all my stuff through them, but it was $230 for full coverage for the year. thats with a $100 deductible

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
That sounds good. I am with Allstate and this will be second MC so I should get a pretty good deal too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
According to nationwide: 350$ a month. The reasoning behind their estimate to me (Quote from my agent): 'we believe any hit on a bike this cheap would total it."
I then looked it up on websites (progressive, allstate, etc.) and they have ranged from 44$ a month to 700$ a month

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ive been with progressive since day one. Use to have my ruckus and metropolitan on it, both together was about 275$ a year full coverage with a 500$ deductible.

I go thru a broker and they always get me the best coverage. Plus, the broker i go thru is a buddy of mine and he gets me a good deal. I asked about the Grom and he told me Progressive doesn't have it in their system so i can't get a quote on it. But, he expects it to be around 150$ a year with 500$ deductible since I've been with them since i was 16

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Kinda nuts. I have Three, er two bikes now I sold the CH80 for the grom fund, I buy liability only. Anything else is a ripoff. My total cost is about 350 a year. That covers a gsxr1000, 76 rd200, and a grom. I called and got A quote today. 80 bucks per year.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I went to farm bureau today and as a 21 year old with no previous documented riding experience, it was right at $600 a year for full coverage.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts