Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ask this because it occurs to me that while I am still a couple of months away from ownership, the Grom has already had a huge impact on my life.

It motivated me to get in touch with an old friend from the 80's you rode an MB5
It introduced me to a few riders in the UK and we have become FaceBook friends
It has motivated my future son-in-law to restore his Z50 to be street legal to ride with me
It has motivated my daughter to get her motorcycle license
It has introduced me to my "business" partner Evan

And that is just off the top of my head. New friends and new adventures and it is not even here yet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not exactly grom specific, but since I bought my scooter, I liked it so much its become my daily and its saved me time, money (that gets pissed away on parts) and makes a boring short commute into something more enjoyable. If you make two wheeling a lifestyle, you'd be amazed what changes. Gas prices no longer have much impact on my travels.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
It has just continued my enthusiasm for motorcycles/scooters which was brought back by the ruckus and was increased by the Grom. It brought me to a forum where I actually interact with others. I am on totalruckus but never ask questions on it I just lurk lol. It will also give me the opportunity to actually meet others who are just as excited about this bike as I am. It also helped me see a website from pretty much the beginning and can't wait to see how many people there will be in a year from now.

·
Registered
942 Posts
It also helped me see a website from pretty much the beginning and can't wait to see how many people there will be in a year from now.
first forum i was in top 10 posters... lol... it brought back my interest in manufacturing my own stunt parts... i prolly spent couple g's on my f4i stuntbike jus cause i was too lazy to make it, an well i have no choice now.. barely anything in the states, for now.... it also brought back some of my old riding frens that stopped riding.... been trinna get them to buy sportbikes again, but not everyone can jus go an buy a 6-9000 dollar sportbike.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
first forum i was in top 10 posters... lol... it brought back my interest in manufacturing my own stunt parts... i prolly spent couple g's on my f4i stuntbike jus cause i was too lazy to make it, an well i have no choice now.. barely anything in the states, for now.... it also brought back some of my old riding frens that stopped riding.... been trinna get them to buy sportbikes again, but not everyone can jus go an buy a 6-9000 dollar sportbike.
This is going to change and rather quickly I think. I just spent some time on FB looking at LMC Racing photos. They have EVERYTHING for the Grom in other countries. I know companies will be selling that stuff here as soon as they can. Get ready to drop another 4G. LOL.

Reactions: banks619

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I cleaned out my garage and thinned the moto fleet. My Grom is paid for. I sold four motors that I didn't use much and I have a pile of money left over. I excited to want to ride on the street again.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Making plans to ride cross country again.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yeah one more thing. Stupid Grom has me "jonesing" for a Ruckus now.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The Grom has forced me to make my first brand new vehicle purchase. I say forced because once the opportunity was available, no matter how hard I try...I am not getting away from this purchase. Once it gets here I'm sure the list will go on and on.

·
Registered
942 Posts
sparked my 2wheel addiction again. with the help of my car money too, i an back to 0 balance across the board. with cash money to get the grom. just got my 1000rr a birthday present. one of those sexy ass taylormade exhausts... :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
The Grom has forced me to make my first brand new vehicle purchase. I say forced because once the opportunity was available, no matter how hard I try...I am not getting away from this purchase. Once it gets here I'm sure the list will go on and on.
This right here. I have never had anything "new" like this in my life, and here it is. It is happening.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
When everyone in the US had money I did to, I bought a new 2003 sv1000 standard and replaced a stolen 2002 gsxr750 with a new 2006 gsxr1000. I'd never buy a new four wheeler but a new motorcycle, yep, I'll do that.

The Grom will be the fourth brand new bike I've had.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When everyone in the US had money I did to, I bought a new 2003 sv1000 standard and replaced a stolen 2002 gsxr750 with a new 2006 gsxr1000. I'd never buy a new four wheeler but a new motorcycle, yep, I'll do that.

The Grom will be the fourth brand new bike I've had.
I've had a bit of an addiction.... the Grom will be my 18th new M/C. Wow, I have gone through a LOT of vehicles.:serious:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ive purchased too many used vehicles too. Like I said, I clearly have an addiction.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well this thread is getting bumped up because I now have a whole list of things this stupid Grom is "doing for me." It has definitely got me interested in scooters. A Ruckus would be nice but I really need a bit more oomph than that. So that leads me to a Zuma 125 which I like but it just doesn't feel right when I sit on it. So that lead me to searching and of course I found the new Honda Cross Cub 110. Pretty sure if that comes to the states I will be going into debt to buy one. In the mean time, I am now lightly shopping for a used CT90 or CT110 and I can turn into an adventure tourer. Something not nearly as sporty at the Grom but something I wont mind repeatedly dropping on a dirt road. In the meantime, I am looking to restore my father-in-laws CT70. So basically the Grom has lit a fire of small bike enthusiasm in me. Not sure it that it good.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts