Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What handlebars should I run? I'm really looking at getting a set of protapers but I just don't know what would give me the best fit. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
what out knowing your height and body type no one can really give a comparable answer, some places like cycle gear will let you take the item out to your grom to see if it will fit your grom or riding style correctly.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Are you asking if you can use the handlebars that fit the 13-15 models? If so, yes. After that it comes down to preference, as Cisco stated.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Everything! There a very tall motocross bar but there very short on the grom. More control over the bike as the bar is wider and your hands are closer to the Tripple clamps. I've raced moto since I was four years old and immediately when I out these bars on i felt extremely comfortable and the bike handled a ton better. Not that it handled better but you have a lot more control

·
Registered
37 Posts
So where can I got the renthal rc high bars.....what's the twinwall mean....are they made with a twinwall of aluminum

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Handlebars is highly subjective. There's no answer anyone can give you. It's like asking what color Grom should I buy.

Anyways, ProTaper Honda Mini's are awesome. I have them and love them. Better than stock in every way.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
The ones I mentioned are 7/8".

Bigger is stronger, but really unnecessary on a 200lb street bike.

·
Registered
837 Posts
7\8 its too low,too large, impossible to hang on it to do aggressive corners... Before saturday I will back to stock bar asap... Wasted money... Only pros the bully riding position and aestethic...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes I do agree handle bars are very sensitive. Just the 200 different bend options you can chose from can be confusing. All we can tell you is what we like and prefer. You can't really explain "feel" to someone that's like explaining to all your buddies in full size bikes why the grom is so fun. I like the rc high fatbars because it's a lower wider riding position than stock, some don't like that some get the lower bars and cut them down so there not so wide. I can tell you that the choice I went with is super comfortable and perfect for my riding style. 1 1/8 bars ( twin wall, fatbars) vs 7/8 bars is just a big strength difference. I actually put a pretty good bend and a kink in my stock bars on my grom without even laying it down. I've always went with 1 1/8

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'm 5'6" and I have pro taper honda mini. Theyre pretty low, and ride stance is a lot more aggressive. The only complaint is that when I use the brakes, all my weight gets transferred onto the bars. I need front suspension upgrade ASAP...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just order the pro t Honda mini and I'm 6 ft...i hope I like them ....I don't really like the leaning forward thing so....I hope I like them ...I do like the price of them 61 bucks isn't bad to try something out

1 - 20 of 23 Posts