1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
158 Posts
ove seen some lower gold ones I wanna get. not sure who will be selling them in the states. might order from out of the country to gets them now =P

·
Registered
3,067 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Pretty sure the Grom has 31mm forks so the 38mm clamp ons will not work. Looks like that company will be making something for the Grom though.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty sure the Grom has 31mm forks so the 38mm clamp ons will not work. Looks like that company will be making something for the Grom though.

You know something we don't about the JDM? If so, spill it dude

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
No. I just saw a section on their site for the Grom so I am assuming they are going to list Grom parts in that section.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No. I just saw a section on their site for the Grom so I am assuming they are going to list Grom parts in that section.
On the PasswordJDM site? Got a link? I looked and saw nada

·
Registered
257 Posts
Would someone mind providing a link to an aftermarket bar with crossbar such as the pro taper? I'm not certain on the sizes and such.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Would someone mind providing a link to an aftermarket bar with crossbar such as the pro taper? I'm not certain on the sizes and such.

Thanks!
Pro Taper bars do not have a cross bar. They are 1-1/8" thick and you need to get an adapter to use them on the Grom or any other bike that comes with 7/8" bars.

Renthal is a good quality bar that uses a cross bar and does not need an adapter.

Renthal Motocross | Cycling | Apparel

·
Registered
257 Posts
Pro Taper bars do not have a cross bar. They are 1-1/8" thick and you need to get an adapter to use them on the Grom or any other bike that comes with 7/8" bars.

Renthal is a good quality bar that uses a cross bar and does not need an adapter.

Renthal Motocross | Cycling | Apparel
Renthals then, lol. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
942 Posts
yes, most all stock db bars are 7/8. and im sure its a typo (7 8"). i didn't like the rake on the SE. but i went with the 1 1/8 because it reduces vibration felt at the grips compared to the 7/8. and i don't like the look of really high bars, id rather get risers an a shorter bar. to me it looks like mini ape hangers and will probebly flex alot with the kind of pressure i will be putting on them.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm running pro taper klx110 bars on both my grooms ( black).

1 - 20 of 41 Posts