Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wax for the gas tank? Protective solution for the plastics and tires? Chain lubricant? Etc...What are your favorite brands?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I just sand blast all of my stuff clean. My vehicles don't quite have the same shine they did when they were new but they are all clean. :haha:

I usually squirt it all down with Simple Green and then the garden hose. If my dirt bike has been in the mud I use an electric power washer.

I like BelRay chain lube because it doesn't fling off and after I lube the chain and it dries I use a bit of gasoline on a rag to remove excess lube from the exterior of the chain.

I use carnuba based waxes on my vehicles.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I saw a nanotechnology wax demo at a store here, the guy put wax on a black motorcycle helmet and then banged a can of vegetables over the helmet and it left some scuff marks on the helmet. Then he took a microfiber towel and removed the scuff marks and it was just the wax coming off and nothing wrong with the paint. Is that with any nanotechnology wax or all waxes? This was in Thailand btw and I figure America has something that can beat this.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I saw a nanotechnology wax demo at a store here, the guy put wax on a black motorcycle helmet and then banged a can of vegetables over the helmet and it left some scuff marks on the helmet. Then he took a microfiber towel and removed the scuff marks and it was just the wax coming off and nothing wrong with the paint. Is that with any nanotechnology wax or all waxes? This was in Thailand btw and I figure America has something that can beat this.

Never tried it but would like to know if it really works.

·
Registered
386 Posts
the Origianl Wax is great stuff.Use it all the time 2 or 3 cans on hand all the time

·
Registered
195 Posts
I usually squirt it all down with Simple Green and then the garden hose. If my dirt bike has been in the mud I use an electric power washer.
Careful with the Simple Green. It removes wax and will start making its way through the clear coat if you let it sit. Delude it and keep it away from aluminum parts at all cost.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've been using a quick detailing spray and some microfiber cloths. Then again, it hasn't been really that dirty yet. . .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts