Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So far one of my only complaints about my Grom is the seat...I'm becoming obsessed with shifting my ass around trying to locate the sweet spot (maybe there isn't one) after only a couple of miles into a ride. For now, I think I'll have an upholsterer add some memory foam or gel and see if that does the trick. Will also try wearing padded biking shorts as a short term solution. It is excessively hot and humid here, and I know that might be playing a role, but still want to make this my top priority mod. Anyone seen decent aftermarket seat options or have advice on increasing the seat's comfort?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hope someone or some company comes out with a memory foam seat. Or at least something that is comfortable. It's not fun on the butt and on the back after riding a few miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm definitely in the market for a new seat I only have 100 miles on mine but after riding for 20 min my butt is numb . Someone please make one and send me a link of where to buy it .

·
Registered
220 Posts
I hear a lot of people complaining about the comfort of the seat and "shifting around" to find the right spot. It's likely those people don't understand that the seat - and bike - were designed for the rider to be ALL THE WAY UP on the front of the seat... literally nuts against the tank... similar to the "attack position" on a dirtbike.

If you're not positioned that way - you're gonna have a bad time.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I took my seat cover off and lightly sanded the foam with 400grit sandpaper to remove the shiny "skin" from the mold to give it more flex. That in combo with butt break in I can do 60-80mi a day without issue.

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
I hear a lot of people complaining about the comfort of the seat and "shifting around" to find the right spot. It's likely those people don't understand that the seat - and bike - were designed for the rider to be ALL THE WAY UP on the front of the seat... literally nuts against the tank... similar to the "attack position" on a dirtbike.

If you're not positioned that way - you're gonna have a bad time.
I agree 102%

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I'm definitely in the market for a new seat I only have 100 miles on mine but after riding for 20 min my butt is numb . Someone please make one and send me a link of where to buy it .
Ride for 40mins then, until it falls alseep and problem solved!

JK

I message one of the vendors here to see if he was working on a seat for all of us. i haven't heard back.

·
Registered
286 Posts
To say the seat is comfortable if you sit further towards the tank is somewhat ridiculous. Not like it has more padding there. It is uncomfortable either way.

·
Registered
281 Posts
If I had a Grom :banghead:, I'd want to be able to ride for at least a tank before I needed to stop. If none become available soon, I will simply take it to a local seat/upholstery shop. In SC/NC there are 5 or 6 motorcycle specific shops that will do custom seats. Generally they will remove all the foam from the stock seat pan. Replace it and then add in a gel layer and a custom cover. I've had two other seats done. Full customs. One on a motard and one for the speed 4. $160 & $210. So not bad for a custom one off seat.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Try the small rectangular Airhawk seat pad. They're expensive but work extremely well and can be moved from bike to bike quickly. They add a bit of seat height but the comfort is worth it. I rode 430 miles over two days on my street-legal BBR/XR-50 and the Airhawk made the extra firm moto seat tolerable. For extreme riding you won't like it, though--the control one has with their ass on the seat is compromised when using these pads. For a longer road trip they're wonderful.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess you guys that aren't experiencing pain are lucky...must have different shaped butts or have riding calluses. I mostly ride in the furthest forward, balls on the tank position, and it still hurts.

·
Registered
677 Posts
On My 130 mile day, my ass was killing me at the 100 mile mark. For short 30-40 mile rides, it's fine

1 - 20 of 68 Posts