Honda Grom banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just mounted my yoshimura fender eliminator kit and my personal opinion ....... I looks like shit!!! It sticks out way to far and just looks odd. The turn signal hardware is in plane view, personally I think the composimo is gonna be the way to go. From the pics they have it looks much tighter to the taillight . Don't waste your time or money,I think yoshimura feel really short on this effort......in to big a rush to get it to market. IMO

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well I just mounted my yoshimura fender eliminator kit and my personal opinion ....... I looks like shit!!! It sticks out way to far and just looks odd. The turn signal hardware is in plane view, personally I think the composimo is gonna be the way to go. From the pics they have it looks much tighter to the taillight . Don't waste your time or money,I think yoshimura feel really short on this effort......in to big a rush to get it to market. IMO
Pm'ed

·
Registered
272 Posts
I agree 100% Yoshimura really failed on the styling of their exhausts and this fender kit. Boo... I'm a huge Yoshi fan too...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree 100% Yoshimura really failed on the styling of their exhausts and this fender kit. Boo... I'm a huge Yoshi fan too...
Yeah ...disappointed is the only word to describe me right now....gonna have to set sail with the captin( Morgan ).....thanks Yoshimura ,you stuck it up my exhaust on this one ...fer sho!!!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I did not like it from the photo. Im very happy w my Composimo but also like MNNTHBX.

Sent from my DROIDX using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I did not like it from the photo. Im very happy w my Composimo but also like MNNTHBX.

Sent from my DROIDX using HondaGrom.net mobile app
Thanks for the heads up Rick....I thought we were boys after that photo posting Dabockel 2 weeks ago ...hahahahaha ��

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Rick....I thought we were boys after that photo posting Dabockel 2 weeks ago ...hahahahaha ��
Sorry man, it was just my opinion about the looks of that TT. I don't like the style but I bet they sell a truck load of them because others will like the style.

Besides, I have my own issues right now, I am out over $100 on handlebars and have finally just gone back to stock because I can't find any I like. Not to mention my second set of mirrors that may or may not stay on the bike. :sorry:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry man, it was just my opinion about the looks of that TT. I don't like the style but I bet they sell a truck load of them because others will like the style.

Besides, I have my own issues right now, I am out over $100 on handlebars and have finally just gone back to stock because I can't find any I like. Not to mention my second set of mirrors that may or may not stay on the bike. :sorry:
its all good my man, sorry to here on those bars( I ended up with the Pt klx 110 bars and the set up is like a mini hyper motard). Nice body position for me being 6/4.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I think the only thing keeping me away from the KLX bars is the width. They are 800 mm and the stock ones are 700mm and I like the narrower width. Especially moving the bike in and out of the house and garage.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I'm starting to feel calm restored to my life as I just dropped my order in to composimos website and now I can move past tHe atrocity that yoshimura sold me.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think the only thing keeping me away from the KLX bars is the width. They are 800 mm and the stock ones are 700mm and I like the narrower width. Especially moving the bike in and out of the house and garage.
The bars come marked from the factory so if you would like to cut them down they will be even and a hacksaw will do the trick, then round the edges so the grips slide on nice and clean.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey slick Rick, I have an extra set of silver klx bars if you want them pm me and there yours....you need this set up,the bike is so flickable in the corners.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well, to each their own. I would agree that Yoshimura designed their FE mainly to work with their own exhaust systems. But then they did include an alternate (higher and more visually appealing) turn signal mounting position, which I knew right away would work with my slip-on as well as to allow me to use my stock rear turn signals, which I was determined to keep for good visibility and the simple fact that I like them and I appreciate using the same type front and rear (symmetry). The license plate also mounts at an attractive angle. I have also heard negative reports of a solid horizontal metal surface directing moisture. Not addressed in the Yosh FE kit are the turn signal bolts being exposed behind the top of the license plate. Here is my solution: I went to Lowe's and bought a 50 cent 1" PVC coupling and cut it as shown on my prototype spider. I then tweaked the dimensions so that it slips tightly between the channels of the FE, sprayed it black, and slid it on. Done. Tarantula Technology Hand Finger Spider Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Light Auto part Bumper

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, to each their own. I would agree that Yoshimura designed their FE mainly to work with their own exhaust systems. But then they did include an alternate (higher and more visually appealing) turn signal mounting position, which I knew right away would work with my slip-on as well as to allow me to use my stock rear turn signals, which I was determined to keep for good visibility and the simple fact that I like them and I appreciate using the same type front and rear (symmetry). The license plate also mounts at an attractive angle. I have also heard negative reports of a solid horizontal metal surface directing moisture. Not addressed in the Yosh FE kit are the turn signal bolts being exposed behind the top of the license plate. Here is my solution: I went to Lowe's and bought a 50 cent 1" PVC coupling and cut it as shown on my prototype spider. I then tweaked the dimensions so that it slips tightly between the channels of the FE, sprayed it black, and slid it on. Done. View attachment 3322 View attachment 3323
G G that's a great fix to there clearly second thought fender eliminator kit, but the fact is its 4 inches past the rear brake light and I just want a little cleaner mount that I don't have to try and band aid to make it look better...I do like your spider( is elvira kickin it at your house before Halloween kicks off)? Comps sit back under your taillight lens....tight and clean for less cabbage....win for me. Don't get me wrong I like making my own stuff, but John has what seems to be really great quality product for a very fair price, and for me I would rather give my cash to an independent than a big box type. Fuck the machine...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bars are going tomorrow Ricky Bobby...

Reactions: rkwfxd
1 - 17 of 17 Posts