Honda Grom banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My poor Grom will be living in the great outdoors as I have no garage. Any suggestions for a cover that will fit well, stay on, and is easy to get off and on?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is what I settled on...

Amazon.com: Nelson-Rigg MC-904-02-MD Deluxe All-Season Cover (Black, Medium): Automotive

Pros: It is cheap and lightweight, comes with a little compression sack for traveling, fits well in medium, nice little grommets with bungees to secure underneath, side vents hopefully will prevent condensation inside the cover.

Cons: It is cheap, as in thin and lightweight, so I am not sure as to longevity and protection from rain.

IMAG0109.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bring it in the living room!
If only I could get it up the porch steps... We have four road bicycles that live inside the house. Somehow though I don't think my wife would be keen. Also, there is the matter of my kids "riding" it inside the house. I think I'll stick with the cover for now.

Here are a couple photos for size reference. It is shorter than a loaf of bread stood on end and about as big around as a CD.

IMAG0112.jpg IMAG0111.jpg

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I guess I'm lucky I get to park my bike under the awning at work right next to my window so I can see it at all times and its covered from the sun.

·
Registered
592 Posts
How well does the Medium Dowco Weatherall fit the Grom? Is it snug? Does it cover all the way down to the bottom of the wheels?
Covers it's perfect! Covers all the way to the bottom of the wheel base. Not to snug not to loose.

Sent from my iPhone using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just talked to someone at Dowco, who said the Grom-specific cover is still in the works, but they may not start production until they see what Grom sales are like this year going forward. (Small number of units currently in the US).

anyway he said it will be based off the scooter cover- same fabric and everything, just a custom tailored fit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts