Honda Grom banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went in to pick up parts for the ruckus so I can get it tuned up this weekend and started perusing the showroom to see what was in stick. Sat on a couple of Can-Am Spiders for shits and giggles and noticed a couple of 2013 Mets in the showroom. I didn't think anything of it.

Much later at dinner I mentioned to my wife the Metropolitans and how much of a pain in the ass her Kymco, less than 500 miles, has become. She tells me "Oh, can we go look?"

Half an hour later we tell my salesman (same guy selling me the Grom, my Ruckus, and the Kymco) that we are trading the Kymco for a new white Met tomorrow afternoon. Now this is after we rip the cardboard off the case holding two unmolested Mets.

i better get a BJ for this.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Check over on TR, I linked webike parts you can use and did a how-to on retrofitting a Scooter Ninja variator into it, my girls 13 Met has one as well as a Kitaco Imap.. 35mph off the showroom floor.. 40 with the variator alone and with the same weights and the imap (no limiter) I saw 47 down a bridge doubled up with the gf

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check over on TR, I linked webike parts you can use and did a how-to on retrofitting a Scooter Ninja variator into it, my girls 13 Met has one as well as a Kitaco Imap.. 35mph off the showroom floor.. 40 with the variator alone and with the same weights and the imap (no limiter) I saw 47 down a bridge doubled up with the gf
I was just over there looking for info, didn't see this. Got a link?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have a 2000 zuma with big bore and variator. I have 700 wrapped up into it total. Gps 59 mph. Does powerwheelies all day long. Also had a ruckus with 4 grand into it and it went 46 mph. Ruckus is an overpriced joke glad i sold it on cl and will never own another. But anyway screw mopeds the grom will takeover soon.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I have a 2000 zuma with big bore and variator. I have 700 wrapped up into it total. Gps 59 mph. Does powerwheelies all day long. Also had a ruckus with 4 grand into it and it went 46 mph. Ruckus is an overpriced joke glad i sold it on cl and will never own another. But anyway screw mopeds the grom will takeover soon.
We have guys just under 200lbs pushing +60mph on 49rs, tuning has come a long way in the past couple years

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts