Honda Grom banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a larger valve head for my grom with the 164cc kitaco and type 2 cam.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
695 Posts
Kitaco Neo is the best 2V head you can get. If you have that ported, its very good. I wanna say out of the box, the Neo will perform better than a ported, big valve stock head.

Its also got more cooling fins which makes a big difference.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does the neo head work with the kitaco 164/181?

Says it doesn’t on product description on webike.

If not can it be modified or adapted to work?

·
Registered
695 Posts

You should probably run the Neo piston along with the head...Or you could DIY dremel some valve relief pockets into your piston. The Neo head also requires longer head studs (I suggest grom fatherz HD studs specifically for the NEO head), and a longer cam chain. It sounds like a lot, but trust me, it will be worth it.

Next best option, which will be quite a bit less money but still give good power is a modified Honda head with larger valves and ported. You can use the cam you already have, as well as retain much of the factory parts. DHM is highly recommended.

·
Registered
25 Posts

You should probably run the Neo piston along with the head...Or you could DIY dremel some valve relief pockets into your piston. The Neo head also requires longer head studs (I suggest grom fatherz HD studs specifically for the NEO head), and a longer cam chain. It sounds like a lot, but trust me, it will be worth it.

Next best option, which will be quite a bit less money but still give good power is a modified Honda head with larger valves and ported. You can use the cam you already have, as well as retain much of the factory parts. DHM is highly recommended.
Ok thanks for this information.

I have been in touch with DHM and will more than likely go with the honda head

1 - 8 of 8 Posts